Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Cancel Tab gone from Aeroplam "Manage My Bookings"?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2020, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan

Trying to cancel Aeroplan flights I have booked and noticed that under "Manage My Bookings" the "Cancel My Booking" tab is no longer there.
Are they automatically cancelling all bookings or am I missing something?
Old Mar 26, 2020, 3:13 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by habb
Trying to cancel Aeroplan flights I have booked and noticed that under "Manage My Bookings" the "Cancel My Booking" tab is no longer there.
Are they automatically cancelling all bookings or am I missing something?
I still see a cancel button on my bookings.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Hmmmm. Was on mine as well up to today.
Checked on my PC & the App & hasn't shown there all day. Strange.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Has there been a schedule change/flight cancellation.

Thats where my cancel tab is missing.... others show it just fine.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 5:06 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
I wonder if it has anything to do with this report....

Canada not requiring refunds
Old Mar 26, 2020, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq

I think not. I believe the "refunding" button merely provides refunding as per ticket rules rather than full refund.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stranger
I think not. I believe the "refunding" button merely provides refunding as per ticket rules rather than full refund.
So I would need to call to get this done?
I would probably need a shave by the time I got an answer.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 8:15 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Stranger
OP has an Aeroplan award though so they should be cancelling on the Aeroplan site and it will do a miles redeposit.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 8:20 am

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
I've been hit and miss with AE cancellations online.

I had a cancellation but the system put me on a new flight and so I could use the cancel button. Miles went back right away, money on my card without a couple days.

My partner was on the same flight but a different booking. Flight cancelled booking became un-ticketed. He got an email about a travel credit, which makes no sense. Had to call Aeroplan. I'm told up to a few weeks to see the miles and money. Not sure this makes much sense either, especially for the miles - should they not go back right away?

Would have HUCA but figured we don't need the miles right now so I will wait a bit and see if it sorts itself out.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 9:43 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hilton Diamond AC*75K
I cancelled awards this past Friday and Monday, it stated that miles would appear in my account in 2-4 days.
Received confirmation emails right away but no miles yet. I assume there is a backlog of people cancelling before March 31 while it is free.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq

No, I don't think so. That would apply if you were trying to cancel a purchased ticket and get money back from AC. This situation is about cancelling a reward booking on the Aeroplan website and getting the points credited back to your Aeroplan account.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Called & waited hours but finally got this done.
Was told by the agent that the tab wasn't there because the flight had been cancelled.

Crazy Air Canada!!! Their e-mail told me that the flight had been cancelled but that I had to go to my account & press the cancel my booking tab, which they say wasn't there because the flight had been cancelled. If I had not made the call I would NOT have gotten my points & money returned. Anything they can do to make it hard for their "customers".

On another note, I was in a situation where I had to quickly book a flight from Honolulu to YYT & did so for just over $1,000 (500/pp x 2)
Was chartered from Honolulu to Vancouver so had to cancel this & book a flight from Vancouver to YYT (6 hours less), but was then gouged for $2500.00 ($1,250 x 2).

WOW!!! Doncha just love em!
Old Mar 28, 2020, 11:46 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Must have hit this one right today. My trip to VIE in May had all of the flights cancel and there was no way for me to get my refund online (button was greyed out). So, I called into the SE AE line.

After a total elapsed call time of 11:51 minutes, my miles were back and I had received the refund notice for the fees. Because the booking was made just before the Amadeus migration, she had to involve others to calculate the refund, so that ate up about 3 minutes of hold time during the call. Overall, easy peasy. But I may have been very lucky.

While chatting on the call, she said they were having issues with their telecom provider. Their inbound number was being overwhelmed and, in some cases, pax weren't even being given the option to hold. That seemed to trickle upstream to the SE line, as she said that call volume (for her) was pretty low.

A clear situation of YMMV for sure.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 11:11 am

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
I was able to cancel an AE flight on line yesterday with no problem. Miles are back in my account today.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 7:35 pm

Help Needed to Cancel

Hi everyone,

I'm logged-in to the AE website...I go to "Manage My Bookings" and click on the "Cancel" button...I am then taken to a page with the heading "Cancel and Refund Your Reward".

There's a "Refund Booking" button at the bottom of the page, but I am unable to click on it, and there's no other option.

What should I be doing to cancel my flight, as I read that tomorrow is the last day to cancel?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.