Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Exceeding the maximum allowed distance question

Question: Exceeding the maximum allowed distance question

Old Mar 24, 20, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Question Exceeding the maximum allowed distance question

Hi there,

I was looking to book the following:

YEG-YVR-BNE-AKL-ICN-YVR-YEG

and got the error that Iíve exceeded the max allowed distance. Spoke to a new hire at AP who didnít give me confidence that the issue was at the BNE-AKL-ICN leg, as I was able to search the above but substituted BNE with SYD which is a bit more south and was allowed to book the tickets.

Should it not allow the SYD-AKL-ICN leg as well and probably wouldnít allow me to finish the booking or is there a workaround for the BNE-AKL-ICN to be pushed through by someone at the call centre?

thank you in advance,

P
Old Mar 24, 20, 10:26 pm

Programs: AC E35K
Where are your stopovers?
Old Mar 24, 20, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

Brisbane (BNE) and Seoul (ICN)
Old Mar 24, 20, 10:37 pm

Maximum mileage for YEG-BNE is 12574 miles. So, the total of all segments to and from BNE can not exceed 12574 miles each way.

BNE-AKL-ICN-YVR-YEG is over 13,000 miles. You need to find another routing or change your stopovers.

YEG-SYD has different max mileage: 13212, which is why some routing will work with SYD, but not BNE.
krayZpaving and Pdilly like this.
Old Mar 24, 20, 10:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ChrisA330 View Post
Maximum mileage for YEG-BNE is 12574 miles. So, the total of all segments to and from BNE can not exceed 12574 miles each way.

BNE-AKL-ICN-YVR-YEG is over 13,000 miles. You need to find another routing or change your stopovers.

YEG-SYD has different max mileage: 13212, which is why some routing will work with SYD, but not BNE.
thanks for that Chris. Thatís lame that SYD has a bit more wiggle room the BNE even though itís more south.
Old Mar 24, 20, 10:47 pm

SYD is further away from YEG, so it makes sense that it would have a higher MPM than BNE.
Old Mar 25, 20, 8:23 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Sign of the times. I read the thread title and just assumed it had something to do with Covid-19.

Moving along...
Old Mar 25, 20, 3:57 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope View Post
Sign of the times. I read the thread title and just assumed it had something to do with Covid-19.
Yep, me too, and I followed up with the thought "why would anybody be concerned about exceeding a maximum distance?" Also moving along.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: