Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Estore getting rid of amazon.ca?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2020, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: ex-United 1K, now a Private Pilot! :)
Estore getting rid of amazon.ca?

I saw the following notice:

What does temporarily no longer be able mean??? Is it temporary or is it forever???
Old Mar 24, 2020, 8:44 am

Programs: AC 35k
You're not missing much. They had restricted the categories to make it useless. Also, with COVID, I expect Amazon's volume has gone up 1000% and they don't need the loyalty bit to drive sales.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: ex-United 1K, now a Private Pilot! :)
Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy
You're not missing much. They had restricted the categories to make it useless. Also, with COVID, I expect Amazon's volume has gone up 1000% and they don't need the loyalty bit to drive sales.
Yikes! No wonder my earnings have fallen by so much... This is a huge change!
Old Mar 24, 2020, 10:07 am
Suspended

and airmilesshops.ca has done the same. no more amazon.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 2:30 am

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.
Amazon has changed their affiliate program such that it just isn't worth the overhead of participating.

It's really hitting youth sports since fundraisers capturing all the families Amazon spend could bring in hundreds of dollars a month.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 9:25 am

Ebates.ca as well. First they culled most of the categories, then they set all to zero.

I suspect Amazon.ca either realised that they don't need to pay this as most orders will come in anyway, or that they are currently too busy and are actually struggling to fill all orders. So they don't want to incentivize additional orders.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.