AQD of a changed ticket

Old Mar 23, 20, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

AQD of a changed ticket

Hi everyone

I have a flight that was changed to other star alliance partner (due to route suspension). It is issued on 014 stock. Wondering if it still accumulates AQD? Does AQM base on the operating flights? Or my original flight and booking classes? Thanks guys.
Old Mar 23, 20, 2:35 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
Originally Posted by lee.spike View Post
I have a flight that was changed to other star alliance partner (due to route suspension). It is issued on 014 stock. Wondering if it still accumulates AQD? Does AQM base on the operating flights? Or my original flight and booking classes? Thanks guys.
Total AQD will be the same (assuming this was a free change), although may be prorated differently.

AQM is based on the flights you actually take. If it ends up being less than what you originally booked, you can potentially ask for "original routing credit" to make you whole, but the track record of obtaining that on *A flights is limited and inconsistent.

If you want to know precisely how much AQM and AQD will be earned by each segment, there's a tool for that, you just need to enter the total ticket price (excluding taxes etc).

If you're willing to share your PNR, there's another tool that can look it up and may be able to give AQM/AQD, although it's still a work in progress.
Old Mar 23, 20, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Oh. Thanks for replying. Who should I ask if AQM ends up being less than my original route.
Old Mar 23, 20, 2:45 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
Originally Posted by lee.spike View Post
Oh. Thanks for replying. Who should I ask if AQM ends up being less than my original route.
See this thread.

What was the old route and what's the new one? Keep in mind that last-minute changes sometimes result in re-booking in different fare classes that earn more than what was originally booked.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: