Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Virtual AC Do - Every Saturday until after COVID

Old Mar 22, 2020, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
Where: On your computing device. Anything with a Zoom client. https://zoom.us/download - You probably want "Zoom Client for Meetings" or "Zoom Mobile Apps".

When: Saturday March 23 2024 @ 1700 PDT / 2000 EDT / 2130 NDT - We will likely go quite late, typically ending after 0100 PDT.

The link will be the same every week. We don't need a list, many people will be here. Just add your name if you want the link PM'd to you around 1630 PDT before the do.

Suggestion: Please include your forum handle (and optionally your name) when logging onto Zoom.

Please send me the same link as last week:
canadiancalf
Print Wikipost

Virtual AC Do - Every Saturday until after COVID

Old Jul 12, 2020, 9:03 am

Programs: AC SE, Bonvoy Tit/LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Enterprise Gold, UA*S, Accor Gold, Hz 5*
Totally slept through my flight this morning thanks in part to popping by the do last night!

Heading to ac111 now. Who needed my eups?
Old Jul 12, 2020, 11:30 am

Programs: AC SE (thanks to canadiancow)
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
Totally slept through my flight this morning thanks in part to popping by the do last night!

Heading to ac111 now. Who needed my eups?
Oh I knew I should've checked flyertalk before we left for the airport! Thank you so much for your generosity though and handling my grovelling with grace! Hope to chat more next week (with my girlfriend gone)
Old Jul 12, 2020, 1:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
This is why I said "you should get each other's information"
Old Jul 18, 2020, 6:34 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
YYC3722 has brought this up at a couple of previous virtual Dos, but here's more detail on how the lack of flights is hampering weather forecasting.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/18/weath...act/index.html
tcook052 and YYCCL3 like this.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 10:28 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I will be a No Show for tonight's Virtual Do.

It's a gorgeous day in YVR and Ms. Boh and I will be out strolling the Seawall; no doubt overrun with Covidiots, before enjoying a nice Italian dinner in Yaletown.

(Apologies to the still quarantined canadiancow . I will raise a glass of bubbles in your general direction.)

Have fun, be nice to the codfather and don't stay up too late.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bohemian1

It's a gorgeous day in YVR and Ms. Boh and I will be out strolling the Seawall; no doubt overrun with Covidiots, before enjoying a nice Italian dinner in Yaletown.

(Apologies to the still quarantined canadiancow . I will raise a glass of bubbles in your general direction.)

You know you could come on after dinner
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 6:00 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
You know you could come on after dinner
Hundo P, as the kids say these days. The crazy folks on this Do go until well in to the evening.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 10:34 am

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Hundo P, as the kids say these days. The crazy folks on this Do go until well in to the evening.
And I broke my record last night for the latest I have stayed up on the Virtual Do. IIRC I bailed around 3:15 AM NL time.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by codfather
And I broke my record last night for the latest I have stayed up on the Virtual Do. IIRC I bailed around 3:15 AM NL time.
That's pretty epic. Kinda like our own virtual shed party.
codfather likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 11:02 am

Well, it was a spectacular evening. Sitting down for a beverage near the West Marina, my assumption about plenty of Covidiots sadly proved true.

We watched about 20 people dressed in their finery spending about half an hour hugging and kissing and posing for photographs. This was before they boarded their boat for some kind of 30th birthday party on the water. Fun times - here's hoping they have a 31st birthday. And here's hoping I don't have to fly with any of them in the near future.
D582 likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Well, it was a spectacular evening. Sitting down for a beverage near the West Marina, my assumption about plenty of Covidiots sadly proved true.

We watched about 20 people dressed in their finery spending about half an hour hugging and kissing and posing for photographs. This was before they boarded their boat for some kind of 30th birthday party on the water. Fun times - here's hoping they have a 31st birthday. And here's hoping I don't have to fly with any of them in the near future.
No offence to anyone but I honestly can't fathom making a big deal of any birthday between 20 and 70.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 1:32 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

Why is the cow quarantined? Was he caught cavorting with a California kangaroo? (I presume it wasn't a cod.)
Old Jul 19, 2020, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Last night we discussed the possibility of an in-person do next Saturday.

The ideas we had were:

1. YLW or YKA (I can't remember where nomadic.relief is)
2. Someone's backyard in YVR that would allow for social distancing for those who desire/require it
3. A bar/restaurant in YVR that would allow for social distancing for those who desire/require it

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Why is the cow quarantined? Was he caught cavorting with a California kangaroo? (I presume it wasn't a cod.)
I'm in YVR.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 3:14 pm

It's YKA. And I thought the idea was to do YVR on Saturday and YKA on Sunday. AC only has one flight/day from YVR to YKA (dep 13:00 arr 13:48). I can't do that flight and also do the things I was coming to YVR to do in the first place.

If we don't do YVR on Saturday, I could still meet you and nomadic.relief in YKA on Sunday. I would just take WS YYC-YKA on the Sunday and fly out the next day. Or maybe I'd fly YYC-YVR-YKA. I'd have to think about the value of the Aeroplan at 50% off vs the simplicity of just flying WS. I have a few spare bookings that I could move around. I'd have to think about it, I just woke up from a nap and am not at 100% yet.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 3:16 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
It's YKA. And I thought the idea was to do YVR on Saturday and YKA on Sunday.
I'm still quarantined and can't join

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.