FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Cheap business class fares from Vancouver or Toronto? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/2012992-cheap-business-class-fares-vancouver-toronto.html)

lsquare Mar 14, 2020 11:10 pm

Cheap business class fares from Vancouver or Toronto?

In general, which destinations are the cheapest to fly to from either Vancouver or Toronto in business class with Air Canada? I need not only the miles, but I also want to try out the signature suites at both airports.

Thank you.

YXXFlyer Mar 14, 2020 11:48 pm

Varies a lot by destination and timing. Keep an eye on the premium fare deal forum.

if you really need both: buy an unlimited flight pass and go to a high end restaurant. No boarding deadline and you can enjoy your meal longer.

lsquare Mar 15, 2020 12:41 am

Originally Posted by YXXFlyer (Post 32186992)
Varies a lot by destination and timing. Keep an eye on the premium fare deal forum.

if you really need both: buy an unlimited flight pass and go to a high end restaurant. No boarding deadline and you can enjoy your meal longer.

lol! I'm not sure why you gotta bring up a high end restaurant. I haven't flown J with Air Canada before. I feel like you're discouraging me from asking this question.

LondonElite Mar 15, 2020 1:01 am

Where do you want to travel to?

lsquare Mar 15, 2020 1:08 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 32187120)
Where do you want to travel to?

This will be for leisure so anywhere.

LondonElite Mar 15, 2020 1:13 am

I’m not sure I understand, but just look at fares to various destinations for the dates you want to travel.

lsquare Mar 15, 2020 1:17 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 32187145)
I’m not sure I understand, but just look at fares to various destinations for the dates you want to travel.

For example, from what I gather, YVR-TPE tends to be priced pretty competitively in PY. I've seen the prices. I was wondering if there are specific destinations where AC flies to that are cheaper than its competitors.

LondonElite Mar 15, 2020 1:21 am

I’m not sure there is a blanket sweet spot on intl J fares from either airport.

YEG USER Mar 15, 2020 1:24 am

Have you tried google flights? Put in your departure, leave destination blank, filter for business and AC. That should pretty much bring up everything you want to search for.

24left Mar 15, 2020 7:10 am

Originally Posted by lsquare (Post 32186915)
In general, which destinations are the cheapest to fly to from either Vancouver or Toronto in business class with Air Canada? I need not only the miles, but I also want to try out the signature suites at both airports.

Thank you.

What if you had instead written your question/request for info as:

"I am looking for the lowest business class fares departing from YVR or YYZ. My objectives are earning miles (AQM?) and being able to visit the Signature Suites. My dates are June 1-30, for example (since we don't know when the Government travel advisory will be lifted).

I have already searched Google Flights and AC.com for the following routes: HKG, TPE, NRT, SYD, ICN and BNE. I see that fares are still quite high to HKG but the seems to be some reasonable options to TPE, BNE etc."

My point is that your question was wide open, very generic and did not indicate that you did any searching before asking. Had you done so, it might have been easier to have an understanding of what your spend objectives or mileage objectives may be, even if you didn't have a specific destination in mind.

RZR Mar 15, 2020 7:35 am

Popcorn....shortly ? :cool:

mileageking Mar 15, 2020 7:43 am

Originally Posted by lsquare (Post 32186915)

Thank you.

Would be good to know how much you are willing to spend, hence what's your budget for each of the 2 requests (YVR and YYZ)?

24left Mar 15, 2020 7:50 am

Further to my post just above.....

Looking at AC only since OP cannot access the Signature Suite flying other airlines - and so whether AC costs more than other airlines is mildly irrelevant, and looking at early June on GF:

YVR and YYZ to LHR, CDG, etc are showing nice round number of approximately $7,000
YYZ to TPE and ICN are in the $4,800 range
YYZ-BNE is $10,000
YYZ-HKG or NRT is about $5,800

Some routes have lower prices for longer stays (AC to NRT often had $3xxx if one stayed 7 days)

Fares on other *A and other airlines are lower but the amount depends on the dates of travel and number of connections and no Suite.

Perhaps AC will offer a %promo when travel returns, or perhaps not as they may assume those who want to fly, will pay whatever in order to do so... but then I don't work in RM.

LesDorgo Mar 15, 2020 8:00 am

$1800 round trip, Flying J and get to use the SS in YYZ and the arrivals lounge in FRA.

https://www.google.ca/flights#flt=TU...4*2.CAD.180234

Shareholder Mar 15, 2020 8:01 am

Overseas fares are often cheaper from a US city via YVR or YYZ than originating in those cities so if you're on the west coast, check out J fares on AC ex-SEA/PDX/SFO/DEN or in the east ex-PHL, BOS, LGA, EWR, DCA, IAD.