Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Signature Suite @ YVR opens 14Mar2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Signature Suite @ YVR opens 14Mar2020

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2020, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

FYI: here's a link to a VR (YVR?) tour of the new lounge: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=yATjJVjqx8y

This will give you a much better appreciation of the space, its layout and dining-centricity. The VR tour also shows the little 'VIP room' behind the bar, which is not mentioned in the official AC press release.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

One more before I log off: marked up this floorplan from the above-linked (Y)VR walkthrough for a birds-eye view of what's where.

Old Mar 13, 2020, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by arshi007
Dang, I might be too late but if you can find this - Is the YVR signature suite accessible to folks arriving to YVR on international business and then connecting to US (again on AC). I know the US terminal is separate but is it possible to access the lounge from the US terminal post security ?
Arrivals and departures are completely separated. No Signature lounge for US departures, and no lounges at all for international arrivals.

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Unlike YYZ, it is physically possible to access the YVR SS when making a connection.

That being said, I've been denied entry to even the MLL every time I've tried.
I haven't had access to international SS yet, but I don't see how anyone arriving from anywhere would have physical access. No arrivals come through the small International departures area at YYZ, but I know that I am missing something! Can I access it on domestic connections?

Dr. PITUK
Old Mar 13, 2020, 9:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by painintheuk
Arrivals and departures are completely separated. No Signature lounge for US departures, and no lounges at all for international arrivals.

I haven't had access to international SS yet, but I don't see how anyone arriving from anywhere would have physical access. No arrivals come through the small International departures area at YYZ, but I know that I am missing something! Can I access it on domestic connections?

Dr. PITUK
This thread is about YVR, and I said "unlike YYZ".
Old Mar 13, 2020, 10:05 pm

This thread is about YVR, and I said "unlike YYZ".
Sorry - I read that you could access in YYZ, but that didn't make sense to me. Even in YVR, I don't see how you could access it. My experience is very outdated, but it seems to me that neither SS would be accessible to those transferring, ,though maybe international to international in YVR would be possible.

Dr. PITUK
Old Mar 13, 2020, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by painintheuk
Sorry - I read that you could access in YYZ, but that didn't make sense to me. Even in YVR, I don't see how you could access it. My experience is very outdated, but it seems to me that neither SS would be accessible to those transferring, ,though maybe international to international in YVR would be possible.

Dr. PITUK
If you transfer to US, you walk right by it.

But as I said, I've never even been permitted in the MLL as an SE on SS-accessible itineraries. They tell me to go transborder.
painintheuk likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 1:17 am

Programs: UA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy occasionally Bonvoyed Mostly
Originally Posted by 24left
@arshi007

The answer is no.

Here is the rules from the Air Canada page for the Signature Suite (bolding mine):

*Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. All bookings in R (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, AC Bid Upgrades) and I (including, but not limited to, Aeroplan® Fixed Mileage Flight Rewards® for travel on Air Canada flights or Star Alliance® member airlines, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded. Eligible customers may not invite guests. Access to the Air Canada Signature Suite is not available to customers travelling on promotional tickets or employees.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ure-suite.html
Thanks for the info. I was almost certain that the lounge would not be accessible for international arrivals but just wanted to check. My outward flight goes thru YYZ (and i have 5 hour layover there) so i'll get to check out the SS at YYZ). It seems like in some sense this is even more restrictive than United Polaris and AA Flagship as they allow you to access the lounge if you have a connection from an international arrival. I wish they would reconsider that some time in the future.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 1:45 am

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by arshi007
Thanks for the info. I was almost certain that the lounge would not be accessible for international arrivals but just wanted to check. My outward flight goes thru YYZ (and i have 5 hour layover there) so i'll get to check out the SS at YYZ). It seems like in some sense this is even more restrictive than United Polaris and AA Flagship as they allow you to access the lounge if you have a connection from an international arrival. I wish they would reconsider that some time in the future.
In some sense???

You have to be on a departing intercontinental flight in JCDZP.

UA allows I, IN, PN, PZ, and any other reward/upgrade classes I'm missing. They also allow UA-operated Polaris arrivals/connections.

AA allows similar.

My only issue, with all three airlines (AC, UA, AA), is that if you have no idea the fancy lounge exists, you're at the mercy of the MLL/UC/AC agent to inform you. Otherwise you're stuck in the crap.
arshi007 likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 4:23 am
Original Poster

First look & first impressions of the new Vancouver Signature Suite lounge, including some fresh, fancy, PR-supplied pics: https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...-vancouver-yvr
Old Mar 14, 2020, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by djsflynn
First look & first impressions of the new Vancouver Signature Suite lounge, including some fresh, fancy, PR-supplied pics: https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...-vancouver-yvr
Some photos in article look familiar. Private room dinning for VIPs seems like a nice touch. Well done David on the article.
djsflynn likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 6:27 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by djsflynn
A quick update: YVR Signature Suite will open to the travelling public on Saturday March 14.
Well that's unfortunate timing ....
Old Mar 14, 2020, 9:14 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Looks Beautiful

Hopefully when life returns to normal...
Old Mar 14, 2020, 9:50 am

Programs: AC MM, SE100K
Originally Posted by 24left
@arshi007

The answer is no.

Here is the rules from the Air Canada page for the Signature Suite (bolding mine):

*Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ure-suite.html
That's YYZ. For YVR, the destination list is, for obvious reasons, different: "Air Canada Signature Class customers departing from or connecting via Vancouver International Airport (travelling to Australia, Asia and Europe only) on an Air Canada flight with ticket originally booked and ticketed in J, C, D, Z or P will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite in Vancouver."

And my P trip to MEL next week, which would have got me in, has just been cancelled.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by mileageking
Some photos in article look familiar. Private room dinning for VIPs seems like a nice touch. Well done David on the article.
YYZ has one too. Though my understanding was anyone could ask to use it.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

YYZ has one too. Though my understanding was anyone could ask to use it.
I was told this was VIPs but will ask the lounge manager for more info on access, thanks Cow!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.