Wiki Posts
Search

Eupgrade add-on fee

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2020, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Eupgrade add-on fee

Hi there!

I am E75K and I have never used an eupgrade with addon fee before. I checked the eupgrade site and jt says the upgrade is not available now but can be waitlisted. It requires me to fill in my credit card. Will AC charge me the add-on fee right away? Or it’s like a deposit and will be taken away after the upgrade is confirmed? Eill I receive an email after the upgrade? Thanks guys.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 6:19 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Welcome to FT

Originally Posted by Logan2735
Will AC charge me the add-on fee right away? Or it’s like a deposit and will be taken away after the upgrade is confirmed?
You should only be charged if the upgrade goes through.

Eill I receive an email after the upgrade?
You should receive an e-mail.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Yep. But will they hold the add-on fee on my credit card? Or will they just charge the amount as long as the upgrade is cleared?
Old Mar 8, 2020, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Sorry I have never done one before
Old Mar 8, 2020, 6:36 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Yep. But will they hold the add-on fee on my credit card? Or will they just charge the amount as long as the upgrade is cleared?
Are you asking whether they'll do a pre-authorization that may eat up some of your credit limit?
Old Mar 8, 2020, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Yes. Correct. Will they?
Old Mar 8, 2020, 6:47 pm

Yes. Correct. Will they?
I don't recall them doing so, but I've only done this a couple of times. Hopefully someone else with more direct experience can answer
Old Mar 9, 2020, 3:55 pm

Programs: ACMM, AC E50K, HH Gold, National EE
They do not put a hold on your credit card. I'm currently waitlisted as well for an eupgrade with addon fee - nothing on my card.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 5:16 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
As I recall they actually charged my card AFTER the flight had landed at the destination and I got an email at that point as well.

However this was before the new booking system so anything could happen now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.