Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

COVID-Related Flight Pass Extensions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID-Related Flight Pass Extensions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2020, 1:11 pm

Programs: AC SE
3 month lat western commuter ULFP suspended until I call them back. About a week after submitting the request through the form.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 2:06 pm

Programs: Altitude E75K , Gold Marriott
Originally Posted by 172pilot
I was on the phone with an agent yesterday having my March break credits refunded. My Florida + pass expires in June, so I asked her what my options are. She indicated that normal tickets are being delayed to 2021 so flight passes might be the same. Her recommendation was to send an email explaining what I wanted. In my case, my wife is a teacher so I need to move my credits to next March break. I will report back.
Thanks. I have the same pass that expires in the same month. Would love to extend it to Christmas if possible. We had to cancel one trip already.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 6:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by YEG USER
No extension for my pass yet. Still expires May 2/20.

However, I just got notification that my flights that were booked for April got cancelled. Email stated that I’ll have credit good to use for 24 months. I assume that this is the automatic email that gets sent to everyone, but if if/when the pass is extended on the main FP page they only want to extend my pass for a few months I might refer them to the email where they said 24 months.
I’m in the same boat - flight pass expires May 2. Except I had flights last week that I cancelled 2 weeks ago and the flights haven’t been credited back and my pass is still showing as expiring for the remaining credits. Second email to flight pass team
sent today - first one never responded to after 1 days....
Old Mar 26, 2020, 5:06 pm

Update. Just checked my flight pass. Expiry date has moved from May 2/20 to August 2/20, so a 3 month extension. Not sure if I'll be able to use the pass by then, and this pass is only good for transborder.

When I requested the extension I'd requested an extension until December - at the time of my request that was the period AC was giving all regular pax to use their credits by for free change. Since then it's gone to 24 months. The email I got for my cancelled flight said 24 months. I've not received a response to my extension request, so I don't know if they looked at my request and simply ignored my extension to the end of the year, or if they haven't even looked at my request yet and this is the result of a blanket change.

I realize when they sell flight passes that they expect a certain amount of breakage, but this isn't that. I'd booked RT flights for 2 using my last 4 credits. I'd have flown the flights if not for the current situation. IMHO AC shouldn't be able to force breakage, which is what this new validity period will likely mean.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 5:56 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
I just checked my Flight passes. 1 Europe pass and 2 sun passes.
2 sun passes are expiring in Nov and dec 2020, unchanged.
The one Europe pass was expiring in May , it now shows August.
I did not make the request nor communicate with AC. They extended it automatically it seems.
paulyeg likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 7:31 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by RZR
I just checked my Flight passes. 1 Europe pass and 2 sun passes.
2 sun passes are expiring in Nov and dec 2020, unchanged.
I did not make the request nor communicate with AC. They extended it automatically it seems.
yes I see the same. I’m still missing passes that I had booked and cancelled. Hopefully that will be resolved in the next few weeks. Won’t be going anywhere for a bit, which is getting quite depressing.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 10:43 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Originally Posted by RZR
Same here, except it is E-W Connector expiring May, now showing August. Requested but they never responded.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 11:15 pm

Programs: E75K
Have a West Can - Euro FP that has no credits left, but its expiry date was moved from May 2020 to Aug 2020.

Also have a Florida and Hawaii Lat FP that expire in Jun 2020 and are still unchanged. Had a Hawaii trip planned in April that was canceled and I still haven't seen my credits from that cancellation be reimbursed.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 8:01 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I was on the phone with an agent yesterday having my March break credits refunded. My Florida + pass expires in June, so I asked her what my options are. She indicated that normal tickets are being delayed to 2021 so flight passes might be the same. Her recommendation was to send an email explaining what I wanted. In my case, my wife is a teacher so I need to move my credits to next March break. I will report back.
I received a reply from AC. Generic blah, blah and a link to the FP page. Flight passes expiring after June 1st are not currently being extended. I will send another email asking why all other tickets get 24 months but not flight passes. Something to do while sitting at home I guess.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 8:22 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
I received a reply from AC. Generic blah, blah and a link to the FP page. Flight passes expiring after June 1st are not currently being extended. I will send another email asking why all other tickets get 24 months but not flight passes. Something to do while sitting at home I guess.
Thanks for the heads up.

Hopefully they extend flight passes for the 24 months. My unused world travel pass is making me nervous.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 10:08 pm

Another update:

I just checked my account. My flight pass that had been extended to August 2/20 has now been extended to April 30/21.

My other pass that didn’t expire until November 2020 has also been extended to April 30/21.

This happened sometime today. I checked my passes earlier and they both had the earlier dates.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 10:50 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Interesting that yours have been extended to April 30th. I have one that was expiring January 14, 2021, and it has been extended to April 14, 2021. Not sure why a pass expiring in November 2020 should get those couple of extra weeks.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 11:07 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
My World travel pass that was originally expiring Nov 2020, now expires Apr 30, 2021.
visitor likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 12:31 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
My World travel pass that was originally expiring Nov 2020, now expires Apr 30, 2021.
ditto. Mine was expiring October I think but now expires Apr 30, 2021.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My eastern latitude Europe, North American and Ontario latitude passes are ALL extended until April 30,2021

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.