Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

COVID-Related Flight Pass Extensions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID-Related Flight Pass Extensions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2020, 6:25 am

Confirm this too. I have a NA Latitude Pass and an NE US Latitude, total value of flights probably $25,000 and they've been extended to the same date.

Seriously impressed, and never thought they would do this. Starting to gain some new found respect.
unclepants likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 8:11 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
I have had 2 passes - an Alberta Commuter Pass, and a Western Canada to Europe Latitude Pass - both extended to April 1, 2021. I would definitely say that AC has done a reasonable job of being proactive in looking after these things. It would have been nice to have had non-refundable tickets refunded (I can understand why they haven't done that), but I certainly have a fair bit of time to use my passes (April 2021) and other flight credits (April 2022) moving forward.
unclepants likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 11:22 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Thanks all for this thread.

Not that I is was booking any flight pass travel soon, but I just checked my FPs and all have been extended by at least a few months. One got extended from mid-October 2020 to end of April, 2021. Ones expiring in March 2021 got extended to June.

For me anyway, a good job by AC at being proactive.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 12:21 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Same here! I have a Southwestern Flex pass originally expiring September 30, 2020 extended to April 30, 2021, and a Western USA Flex pass originally expiring January 16, 2020 extended to April 16, 2021.

For my passes, it looks like they just set them to expire in April 2021, but kept the day of month the same.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 1:33 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Mine (FL sun) purchased in February had three months added. Same numerical day of the month but add three.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 1:48 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
I have two flight passes. Now extended to to April and June 2021.
--
13F
Old Apr 10, 2020, 2:04 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
I have three flight passes (EW Connector Flex, SW Latitude, Alberta Unlimited Commuter Flex) that were set to expire anytime between August (after being extended first time from May) and October 2020.

All extended to April 30 2021 even though Alberta Commuter Unlimited Flex is still suspended--I presume I won't be able to book unlimited every month until April 30
Old Apr 10, 2020, 3:45 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
I had E-W connector J class flight pass - set to expire on May 22.

A few days ago, I saw that it had been extended by 3 months to Aug 22.
I have just re-looked at my flight pass on the AC web site, and I see that it has been further extended to April 30, 2021.

Secondly, I bought a J class Florida Plus flight pass on Mar 1. No flights taken. I see that expiration date has been automatically extended to June 1, 2021 from Mar 1, 2021
Old Apr 10, 2020, 7:18 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM
Two flight passes (Both Lat) that are extended to May 30 2021
Old Apr 11, 2020, 3:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
AC's only real issue right now seems to be keeping cash on hand. They're quite happy to hand out travel credits rather than refunding, and I see this as the same.

I'm certainly happy with the result, but they're not doing this to be nice. They're doing this so you have no grounds to pursue a refund (through them or the legal system).
BlondeBomber likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 9:51 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA S, Bonvoy Titanium
Looks like they've pulled most flight passes for purchase. Less so in Canada, but in the United States you can only buy the 30 credit business ones.

I'm glad the pass I stupidly bought late Feb has now been extended until June next year.
flyquiet and canadiancow like this.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 10:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by recreationaltimetraveller
Looks like they've pulled most flight passes for purchase. Less so in Canada, but in the United States you can only buy the 30 credit business ones.

I'm glad the pass I stupidly bought late Feb has now been extended until June next year.
I'm actually a little surprised. It's a great way to get some cash, and they could make the expiry date 12 months after some objective metric (government says "stay at home" no longer applies, whatever).

Or what I think has been discussed elsewhere on FT. Sell me a 12 or 13 credit FP for the price of a 10 credit. Give it a term of 14 months. The start date is the date of my first flight.

I'd buy enough FPs to hit the SE AQD requirement for the next 5 years, knowing I won't use them for at least that long.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 12:18 pm

My FP bought in second half of Feb still has May expiry, i.e., extended once x 3 months, but not further. Hmm
Old Apr 14, 2020, 1:00 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by flyquiet
My FP bought in second half of Feb still has May expiry, i.e., extended once x 3 months, but not further. Hmm
is it a UFP? You need to tell them to suspend it, backdated to your last flight.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 2:05 pm

No, just a 6-credit. More bonus AQM buying as 6's than 8+. But the 3 month extension was automatic. I don't expect it will be impossible to use by the new date, but just tracking the automatic/unrequested extensions. Some seem to have had 2, while I've had just one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.