Wiki Posts
Search

Flight Pass and United Flights

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2020, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan-SE-2018-23
Flight Pass and United Flights

I live in Winnipeg and travel to Las Vegas 4 to 6 times per year. I have been using Air Canada flight pass for the flights. Air Canada has continued to diminish their flights to/from Vegas over the past year. Starting in April the options for return flights are getting worse. What is a 3 hour direct flight on Westjet is becoming 11 hours with Air Canada.
I am a SE100K with Air Canada.
My question, can I get Air Canada Flight Pass to be used on a United Flight through Denver, which would become a more reasonable 5 hour return flight?
Old Feb 27, 2020, 12:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
No...
Old Feb 27, 2020, 12:47 pm

From the T&C from a random flight pass (I'd expect the wording to be identical for all AC flight passes)

Flight credits can be used only on Air Canada, Air Canada rouge and participating Air Canada Express carriers. Codeshare flights are not permitted.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 1:15 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
That'd be a game changer if the flight passes allowed codeshare flights! Alas, as others have noted, I've never seen a flight pass that allowed flights on anything but Air Canada metal.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
That'd be a game changer if the flight passes allowed codeshare flights! Alas, as others have noted, I've never seen a flight pass that allowed flights on anything but Air Canada metal.
+1
and for unlimited Latitude FPs will those airlines be fine with allowing the T-48 hour comp upgrade, or even regular AC upgrade instruments? So many things to consider.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 3:02 pm

Air Canada is flying to Vegas again? I thought that was downgraded to AC Rogue. I'd take WestJet over Rogue any day.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by sokolov
Air Canada is flying to Vegas again? I thought that was downgraded to AC Rogue. I'd take WestJet over Rogue any day.
AC's FPs also include its regionals and Rouge.
Bohemian1 and Adam Smith like this.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
AC's FPs also include its regionals and Rouge.
Sure, but it's not Air Canada.

You don't call a Nissan a Mitsubishi, just because they come from the same holding entity.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
+1
and for unlimited Latitude FPs will those airlines be fine with allowing the T-48 hour comp upgrade, or even regular AC upgrade instruments? So many things to consider.
Not that it will ever happen, but if AC were to allow FP's to be used on codeshare flights, I think they'd limit it to the credit-based (i.e. not unlimited) passes. I also think they'd simply qualify that complimentary upgrades are not valid on codeshare flights for latitude passes (no different than how you can't eUpgrade on regular codeshare flights).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.