Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access with family question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2020, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Lounge access with family question

How does one register his/her domestic partner so that the Maple Leaf Lounge knows that he/she is a domestic partner when you arrive at the lounge? I have a "travel companion" listed via Aeroplan, but it is not clear that this is the place to do this.

I'm 75K and I'll be travelling with my partner + one guest through Pearson T1 International tomorrow evening and planning as best I can for a minimum of BS.

Last edited by tcook052; Feb 23, 2020 at 7:23 am
Old Feb 23, 2020, 7:23 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
I don't think the lounge dragons will even check. Be confident, introduce your domestic partner as that - and confidently assert you have access, don't ask. I think I'd be proactive, say (s)he is my partner, and (s)he is my additional guest, smile, and then maybe make some unrelated smalltalk ("Is our flight on time?") just to demonstrate that the question of access is not really a question at all.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 11:39 am

Programs: Aeroplan Elite for life; Fairmont Platinum; Delta Platinum Plus
I have never been asked about my guests.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 1:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by canopus27
I don't think the lounge dragons will even check. Be confident, introduce your domestic partner as that - and confidently assert you have access, don't ask. I think I'd be proactive, say (s)he is my partner, and (s)he is my additional guest, smile, and then maybe make some unrelated smalltalk ("Is our flight on time?") just to demonstrate that the question of access is not really a question at all.
Hmmm I might have been able to save a lounge pass a while back.

How many domestic partners am I allowed?

Originally Posted by MQS007
I have never been asked about my guests.
I suspect you would be if you tried to bring in three people where obviously none are your children.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 8:47 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Hmmm I might have been able to save a lounge pass a while back.

How many domestic partners am I allowed?
The official rules (https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...f-lounges.html) don't seem to include a plural.

Clearly that's hugely discriminatory. Who wants to join a class action lawsuit?
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.