Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Flight Passes - General Questions and Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2020, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan

Sorry that I am a new AC user and I just purchased a flight pass 3 months ago, by that time, I already have a valid aeroplan membership. But after I just created 3 more aeroplan accounts for my family members to use the credits in the flight pass. After I selected the flight and seats an error message prompted as below:

RC = FQTV - BBBBBBBBB [FQTV - CCCCCCCCCC] [ FQTV - DDDDDDDDD] component - Service Fault

BBBBBBBBB, CCCCCCC, DDDDDDDDD are the newly added aeroplan accounts, added for about 48 hours ago(As I don't quite sure the internal system set the aeroplan must valid after 72 hours)

Can any expert buddies can offer some sharings? sorry that I am rush in booking flights and AC hotline can help nothing

Last edited by Tangent857; Feb 22, 2020 at 6:14 pm Reason: To make the title more specific
Old Feb 22, 2020, 6:39 pm

Programs: AC SE-MM
Have you tried the Flight Pass App?
I have found it works better.
You may also want to try clearing your cookies.

YYC3722
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 7:32 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Can the OP add information about which specific FP purchased? I presume it is known that some FP can be shared and some cannot, and some can have a second user swapped out with a replacement if certain conditions are met (like no un-flown bookings).
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Thx a lot YYC3722...

In fact, error still exist after using App, but with the error " Booking error .. Please check for frequent traveler information for passengers and try again..."
So, I still suspect it is related to the validity of those newly added other passengers's s aeroplan accounts..May be like some clauses stated that 72 hours needed for having a validated account...may be need to wait for some time...
Old Feb 22, 2020, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

Thx a lot flyquiet...

Yes, OP (Other passenger) can be added in the specified FP with no problem...the problem existed after the final confirmation of the flight tickets confirmation ...I still suspect it is due to the validity of the OP's aeroplan accounts.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 11:36 pm

OP means "original poster", the person who started the thread.
The original post (problem statement) looks like it is adding a total of four people to one flight pass. Some consumer flight passes do not accept more than the flight pass owner and one additional traveller at a time; others accept up to five travellers (e.g., 20 credit pass). That is why I asked which flight pass this is talking about. Trying to add a 3rd (or more) user to an 8-credit pass may generate an error.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Thanks flyquiet.

Actually the flight pass is Air Canada's one and the regulation stated that max of passengers can be up to 4. So, 1 + 3 newly added should be fine..as I think..
Old Feb 23, 2020, 8:23 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Which flight pass is that? I can’t think of one that takes 4 travellers.
flyquiet and Tangent857 like this.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Hi Huang King Chung,

Please refer to the topic, you will know what kind of the flight pass we are discussing...

Please also refer to the Air Canada's website to understand how it works and how many passengers can be accommodated in a single flight pass.

Thx for your participation.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 8:38 am

I think the poster either does not understand what we mean or doesn't want to say.

Air Canada has 44 different flight pass zones, and within each, there are 1-person passes, 2-person passes, company passes for up to 10 travellers (or 20, 35, 75 etc), or a few with 5 travellers. I did not see any referring to 4. The poster could help us understand the problem by identifying (a) what zone, and (b) the number of credits on that pass.

Tangent857, please be assured we are regular users of flight passes and we know what Air Canada's website says.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 9:53 am
Original Poster

I may misunderstood some meanings in the response. Sorry about that,

to All buddies, thx a lot for your responds..

This flight pass of North America's one, can be accommodated for up to 4 passengers.

The problem solved as Air Canada's response to the problem as that due to their system problem.

FYI. Just to remind that aeroplan account must be created 72 afters before flight pass inclusion as remind by Air Canada.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 10:03 am

¯\_()_/¯

On my AC website, with Canada point of purchase, North American FP has one-traveller, business (10 or 20 traveller), and large corp (35 traveller) as well as individual unlimited flight pass and company flexible benefit. I see no four-passenger passes.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 10:06 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Tangent857
Hi Huang King Chung,

Please refer to the topic, you will know what kind of the flight pass we are discussing...

Please also refer to the Air Canada's website to understand how it works and how many passengers can be accommodated in a single flight pass.

Thx for your participation.
I don't appreciate your extremely condescending tone. As a regular user of flight passes, with 3 active passes currently, I am quite familiar with Air Canada's offerings and how they work.

I still don't see where you're finding a 4 traveller flight pass. But, it looks like you've solved your problem, in any case.
ffsim, D582, canadiancow and 3 others like this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

Hi Mr Huang,

Once again, please accept my apologize as I think I misunderstood your motive.

Details, please refer to the private message.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 10:52 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Enterprise Plat
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
I don't appreciate your extremely condescending tone.
I didn’t detect condescension here, I detected a language barrier. Upon looking at OP’s profile, I discovered they are from HK.

So I wandered over to the HK version of ac.com and lo and behold:

I solved the mystery. Frank Hardy out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.