Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Booking Business Class On Non-AC Legs of AC Itinerary

Old Feb 20, 20, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

On the itinerary YYJ-YVR-NRT-NGO, when booking business class on AC's website, it always seats me in economy on the NRT-NGO leg (operated by ANA) even though I know that there is ANA's Premium Class available (ie. it's offered and there are still available seats). Is it possible to book itineraries in business class on AC's website and have myself seated in the highest available cabin on every leg? I know I could go through a travel agent and have them do so for me, but I don't want to pay a booking fee.
Old Feb 20, 20, 2:23 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
TA or Call Centre

It has been this way for YEARS
YYZ_tatlflyer likes this.
Old Feb 20, 20, 2:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC S100K, Accor Gold, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
Powertools.

My experience post-Amadeus has been very good at making the AC website do whatever I want (subject to fare rules, etc.)
Old Feb 21, 20, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lcohen999 View Post
TA or Call Centre

It has been this way for YEARS
Is there a fee for booking through the call centre? If not, with one having to wait hours and hours to get through (if one is even able to get through at all), it may be either pay to have a travel agent do it quickly, or a large amount of one's time for no fee.
Old Feb 21, 20, 6:09 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
Originally Posted by Nagoya172 View Post
Is there a fee for booking through the call centre?
With AC, no. LH, NZ, and some other airlines do charge one if you book through them, but AC doesn't.
​​​​​
Old Feb 21, 20, 11:17 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K
Originally Posted by Nagoya172 View Post
On the itinerary YYJ-YVR-NRT-NGO, when booking business class on AC's website, it always seats me in economy on the NRT-NGO leg (operated by ANA) even though I know that there is ANA's Premium Class available (ie. it's offered and there are still available seats). Is it possible to book itineraries in business class on AC's website and have myself seated in the highest available cabin on every leg? I know I could go through a travel agent and have them do so for me, but I don't want to pay a booking fee.
I have seen this too but - - on interline fares coming into Japan - NH is only allowing booking Economy for the domestic segments. Not sure why - I've noticed the same on LX fares. For international it always maps to business but for Domestic - it is Economy.

Here's the example for a "D" fare.

IF VIA AC D- FARES VIA NH "M" REQUIRED WITHIN JAPAN

I can see that even if a code share segment is available it has to book into "Y" class. I think that's crazy but somehow that's the way NH has required it to be done.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: