Wiki Posts
Search

New low on email customer support?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2020, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K, BA Silver
New low on email customer support?

I wrote an email to Air Canada (not Aeroplan). I've edited out some of the details, but here is what I wrote. In the online form, I had specified which specific route, my booking reference number, etc. (so it is not in the body of the message).

Subject: No hot breakfast

I fly this route about 75% in Business class. In the past month, there has always been hot breakfast served on this specific flight. On February XX, there was nothing, with no explanation.

Is this a new level of service? Because the only reason I buy Business class tickets is because of the breakfast, which I will stop buying if this is a change of service.
And I get this answer back within 24hrs:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

We are sorry to learn of your disappointment with Air Canada. We always work hard to try to meet expectations and we regret we were unsuccessful.

Our customers judge us by our products and services and we appreciate when they give us feedback.

From what you’ve described, we can understand why you wanted to contact us. Your comments give us the chance to improve and you can be assured they have been shared with our Management Team.

Sincerely,

<Name redacted>
Customer Relations
How in the hell is that an acceptable answer?
Old Feb 18, 2020, 11:57 am

What did the flight attendant say when you asked about the missing breakfast?
Old Feb 18, 2020, 12:46 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
The only reason you buy a business class ticket on that flight is the breakfast? Kind of pricey for a breakfast.
WaytoomuchEurope and Chowtime like this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 12:48 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Plat
I doubt there's been a change. Probably some screw-up with the catering, so they're trying to apologize. They should have sent you a discount code or something.

And as above, I'd figure the FAs would know more about the missing food than the people who answer the email complaints. So if the FAs didn't know why there was no breakfast, then I can't see someone from Customer Service trying to track down a reason after the fact.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 4:40 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
That is one where I would write back and ask for a response to the specifics of my comment, as nothing in there even acknowledges any part of the experience. It's like they opened a template and hit send before entering any customization.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 6:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
For reference, AC is absolutely horrible when it comes to meal issues after the fact. While a lack of compensation seems odd, I only got a $50 CAD eCoupon for a P fare on SFO-YYZ, which is almost certainly a more substantial meal than your route (but it's hard to say with such a vague post).
Old Feb 18, 2020, 7:27 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
I sent an email two weeks ago for a separate issue and still haven't heard back. I was overcharged for a flight over the phone and while I challenged the agent, she was unable to figure out why it was $300 higher for her than the website was showing.

I told her to just book it (open-jaw routing and the website wouldn't let me use 20% off code), so this was my only option. Hoping that they refund the difference because that is not acceptable!
Old Feb 18, 2020, 7:42 pm

Some fares are web-only.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 7:51 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Some fares are web-only.
Yes, but the agent literally said that I was unable to use my coupon code because of a glitch with the system. I would assume this is a fair enough reason to ask for a refund?

I certainly didn't book over the phone by choice.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 7:56 pm

I don't know if they're really capable of doing a refund like that.

Not that I would ever condone this, but the going rate for a 20% code in the grey market is well over $300 CAD.
WaytoomuchEurope likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 9:54 pm

Programs: *$ Green
You can buy the J breakfast in Y for $11.

Just thought you should know...
canadiancow and YZF_Elite like this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
You can buy the J breakfast in Y for $11.

Just thought you should know...
That requires someone in J to turn it down though

And I have personally experienced Y FAs telling SEs in Y that there are no leftovers, when there actually were. Why would they want to go through the hassle of bringing J food to Y when they can just say no?
Old Feb 19, 2020, 3:56 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by canadiancow
That requires someone in J to turn it down though

And I have personally experienced Y FAs telling SEs in Y that there are no leftovers, when there actually were. Why would they want to go through the hassle of bringing J food to Y when they can just say no?
Hahaha, I don't know... I guess they skip it for the same reason they skip Zone boarding 🤣

That being said ,if AC sells the J omelette for $11, I have a hard time seeing them issue any kind of sizeable compensation for not having it on board a 45m flight 🤷‍♂️

I'd love to see a commuter claim 50x$11 in eCoupon for 2 months of missing omelette though haha
Old Feb 19, 2020, 5:56 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by mapleg
The only reason you buy a business class ticket on that flight is the breakfast? Kind of pricey for a breakfast.
Ugg....that omelette
Old Feb 19, 2020, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by f00kie
I wrote an email to Air Canada (not Aeroplan). I've edited out some of the details, but here is what I wrote. In the online form, I had specified which specific route, my booking reference number, etc. (so it is not in the body of the message).

And I get this answer back within 24hrs:

How in the hell is that an acceptable answer?

AI bot generated, shiny new toy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.