Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Dinner on 11:00 p.m. Air Canada Rouge flight from Toronto to Europe?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dinner on 11:00 p.m. Air Canada Rouge flight from Toronto to Europe?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2020, 4:37 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by StuMcIlwain
Instead of providing hot towels, I really wish they would reinstate some sort of a breakfast. That banana bread / spice loaf is utterly disgusting. I would prefer nothing at all and more time to sleep.

It's completely unbelievable that they also serve it to premium economy passengers.

Although I suppose a small container of yoghurt is a lot more expensive than a flimsy hot towel.
couldn’t agree more. Are hot towels nice? Sure... sometimes. But it really loses its effects when you’re contorted into a Y seat trying to digest the army ration breakfast
Old Feb 17, 2020, 5:37 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by flyquiet
Monty's is ex-Europe not to Europe.
The spice loaf remains to be feared.
Hmm is that new? I don’t once had it into Europe, as I was then feeling very poorly on arrival!
Old Feb 17, 2020, 7:29 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Instead of providing hot towels, I really wish they would reinstate some sort of a breakfast. That banana bread / spice loaf is utterly disgusting. I would prefer nothing at all and more time to sleep.

It's completely unbelievable that they also serve it to premium economy passengers.

Although I suppose a small container of yoghurt is a lot more expensive than a flimsy hot towel.
According to the Enroute article, it's more than just a hot towel. New beverage selection, new meals, green salad, seperate dessert course and fruit & yogurt for breakfast.
pilot007 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 6:53 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
According to the Enroute article, it's more than just a hot towel. New beverage selection, new meals, green salad, seperate dessert course and fruit & yogurt for breakfast.
It’s a complete makeover. I was part of the focus group last year. Everyone there recommended getting rid of the spice loaf.
pilot007 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by trekkerman
Does anyone know if Air Canada Rouge typically offers a full dinner on an 11:10 p.m. flight from Toronto to Europe?

The AC timetable and availability simply says "Meal, Breakfast". So it is quite unclear if the word "meal" is generic and might mean dinner. I called AC and they were clueless and said "looks like you get a meal and then a breakfast".

Curious if anyone else on here has taken a late night AC Rouge flight to Europe and how the meal service worked.
They will serve dinner and then a light breakfast before arrival.

Source: I flew YUL -> LIS and the flight left at 11:45pm at night. I even asked why they didn't serve a full breakfast at that point as 80% of fake-J cabin was asleep...
Old Feb 18, 2020, 4:36 pm

Fantastic! Any idea when it starts?
Old Feb 19, 2020, 2:15 am

Programs: AC SE100K
Fantastic news! Here’s the February enRoute, it’s mentioned on page 17.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 4:12 pm

Hmmm ...

Having just read the article, are you sure this applies to transatlantic flights? It doesn't say that anywhere. There are other flights where they do still serve something resembling breakfast, and maybe that's what they are improving? They no longer claim to serve breakfast on transatlantic flights, at least from YYZ; it's now called a snack.
pilot007 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Hmmm ...

Having just read the article, are you sure this applies to transatlantic flights? It doesn't say that anywhere. There are other flights where they do still serve something resembling breakfast, and maybe that's what they are improving? They no longer claim to serve breakfast on transatlantic flights, at least from YYZ; it's now called a snack.
I am actually looking at the Air Canada site for a YYZ to Lisbon Rouge flight in May. It indicates "Meal, Breakfast". Those are the exact words. Odd that they use the word "meal" for dinner (and I assume lunch). But specify "Breakfast" for breakfast.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pilot007
Fantastic news! Here’s the February enRoute, it’s mentioned on page 17.
I am unclear as to whether this new "haute cuisine" applies to Rouge economy. The article makes it sound like it might be only non-Rouge. It isn't clear to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.