Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Seat Assigned on Lufthansa Code Share (but on AC flight)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2020, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium

Hi All,

I booked 2 segments on AC PE (E Fare - Booked as LH Code share flights, but AC metal) as part of an 8 segment PE trip on LH ticket stock. I got seats assigned on AC.com way back when I made the reservation, but some reason as of today, the first segment the seats have dropped. When I do a dummy booking on AC, all seems as it did before (same AC Flight #, time, and aircraft). So I don't know why the seats were dropped. When I log into the Res on AC.com today, it won't even give me the option of re-selecting the seats on that flight (and even though the 2nd AC segment the assigned seats still show as assigned and I can select seats again if I want).

Any ideas what is going on here? The flight is YVR-YYZ AC 108 on Apr 2 if that helps. I tried to call AC, but they won't even take calls right now it seems.

Thanks!
Old Feb 7, 2020, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No e-mail from AC? Did you check your spam box? There likely was a minor schedule or equipment change. See other threads, about the Amadeus "successful" migration.

If you don't manage to call them in the current mess, you'll need to deal with this at the airport.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Stranger
No e-mail from AC? Did you check your spam box? There likely was a minor schedule or equipment change. See other threads, about the Amadeus "successful" migration.

If you don't manage to call them in the current mess, you'll need to deal with this at the airport.
No email form Air Canada at all. There appears to have been a 3 minutes schedule change (arrives 3 minutes later). This was enough to kick us out of our seats?
Its very strange that we were able to pick our seats via AC.com before the schedule change and now this segment is greyed out (not allowing me to). I keep trying to call AC (in South America right now), but I can't even get in the queue, and so I tweeted to AC, but no response. Very poor Customer Service!
Old Feb 8, 2020, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yvr1971
No email form Air Canada at all. There appears to have been a 3 minutes schedule change (arrives 3 minutes later). This was enough to kick us out of our seats?
Its very strange that we were able to pick our seats via AC.com before the schedule change and now this segment is greyed out (not allowing me to). I keep trying to call AC (in South America right now), but I can't even get in the queue, and so I tweeted to AC, but no response. Very poor Customer Service!
This is pretty much the current situation. If one wants to pick/change seats, then one needs to phone. If OK with the changed itinerary, should e OK to leave things. This is discussed in a number of threads here. Mainly on the amadeus migration one. Basically one needs to "accept" the change and currently their system is not set up to do it online. Hopefully this should improve sooner rather than later, but AC soon is who knows...

However we have been getting tons of e-mails from them about these insignificant changes, including just equipment changes. If one does not get e-mails, odds are that either they end up in a spam box or that the internet provider runs a junk-e-mail filter that catches these AC e-mails. Or something similar. Pretty sure AC sends them.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 4:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold
(General advice RE Amadeus GDS - I am not familiar with AC Business Rules)

If there was a three minute schedule change, the segment status will now show as TK instead of HK. This may prevent some self-service options until the segment is reconfirmed. Many airlines inhibit self service to force you to contact and discuss the schedule change. Obviously, not really important to do so in this instance, but the systrm cannot differentiate.

TK = Time Change Holding Confirmed
HK = Holding Confirmed
Old Feb 8, 2020, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CitySlacker
(General advice RE Amadeus GDS - I am not familiar with AC Business Rules)

If there was a three minute schedule change, the segment status will now show as TK instead of HK. This may prevent some self-service options until the segment is reconfirmed. Many airlines inhibit self service to force you to contact and discuss the schedule change. Obviously, not really important to do so in this instance, but the systrm cannot differentiate.

TK = Time Change Holding Confirmed
HK = Holding Confirmed
Thanks for restating what we have been telling these folks repeatedly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.