Short Haul Stopover Not Permitted

Old Feb 5, 2020, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Short Haul Stopover Not Permitted

I searched for a related thread before posting this question.

I used to be able book a short-haul redemption for YVR-PDX-YYC-YVR or YVR-YYC-YEG-YVR in Y for 15,000 Aeroplan miles. When I try to book this route now, the website says, "The stopover you have requested between your departure city and destination city exceeds the maximum allowable distance permitted. Please choose a different stopover city."

Were the any changes recently with Aeroplan to prevent this booking?
Old Feb 5, 2020, 4:23 pm

I ran into this issue a few years ago.

MPM on Domestic Reward Flight?

In the end I ended up paying the phone booking fee and doing this through an agent. I suggest you phone in and see what they say the reason is. I wasn't happy that I had to pay a booking fee, but I had other things to do at the time rather than fight them on it.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 4:38 pm

Programs: AC SE100K/*G, Nexus
I ran into that problem in January. I tried to book YYC-PDX-YVR-YYC and the website gave me the same message. Was able to book it when I phoned in.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by kenlor
I ran into that problem in January. I tried to book YYC-PDX-YVR-YYC and the website gave me the same message. Was able to book it when I phoned in.
Did they charge you a booking fee?
Old Feb 5, 2020, 4:52 pm

Programs: AC SE100K/*G, Nexus
Originally Posted by YEG USER
Did they charge you a booking fee?
No, but I'm SE so no fees.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 5:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kenlor
No, but I'm SE so no fees.
Technically you're not exempt from the booking fee. But you're exempt from change fees. So if they ever push back, just book any random thing online and then change for free.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.