Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://acpnr.cowtool.com/

Feature Requests / Bug Reports
  • More direct links to partner airline "manage booking" pages
  • For points bookings, show how many points were used
  • Sometimes when you have UN segments, it doesn't show the entire PNR
  • How about a one tool using the other: PNR lookup tool could show R space available Y/N if pax isn't already upgraded.
  • Can seat # be a clickable link to carrier manage booking/seat?
  • Display ticket create date/time, helpful to know when reticketed due to schedule change.
Print Wikipost

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Old Jan 30, 2023, 4:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
If anyone has a booking that they suspect is not ticketed correctly (missing ticket numbers on this tool, or missing coupon statuses for confirmed, unflown segments), I'd appreciate you dropping me a PM with the details so I can test a new warning I'm working on.

My beta testers will all see the message already (if it applies), but it's hard to intentionally create a PNR in the various states this would apply to.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 9:27 am

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM
Is the tool not showing booking details (specific flights) today?

I'm still seeing the box with the Airline/PNR/Manage Link, the line that starts with Name/eTicket/FF#, and the taxes breakdown, but the "main part" of the results page that shows individual flight details is not showing anything for any of my bookings.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 10:41 am

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by HometoYYZ

I'm still seeing the box with the Airline/PNR/Manage Link, the line that starts with Name/eTicket/FF#, and the taxes breakdown, but the "main part" of the results page that shows individual flight details is not showing anything for any of my bookings.
same
Old Jan 30, 2023, 11:02 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond

It's working fine for me
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 11:07 am

Programs: AC 75K

This is my experience too.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 11:36 am

Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Hertz Gold

It's not showing for me either.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

It's working for me 🤔
Old Jan 30, 2023, 4:49 pm

Programs: AC, SK, AY, Marriott, BW, Avis
Old one (api.ft.canadiancow.com/) is working but same PNR isn't showing the details on the new one (acpnr.cowtool.com/). New one worked fine for me earlier today.

If it helps, the whole html table with the flight info is not preset.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
It's working for me 🤔
I'll PM you the PNR.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 30, 2023, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

I'm in a car and my laptop is in the trunk so I'm a bit limited in what I can do at the moment, but I just tried tweaking something, if you want to try again.
Xyzzy, guessaaa and TechnoTourist like this.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm in a car and my laptop is in the trunk so I'm a bit limited in what I can do at the moment, but I just tried tweaking something, if you want to try again.
Yep, works now. Thanks!
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 5:10 pm

Programs: AC, SK, AY, Marriott, BW, Avis
Working for me too. Cheers
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 7:36 pm

Programs: SE 100K
Does the Cowtool update if there is an aircraft swap? Or is "Aircraft Type" displayed only as booked?

I have a PNR for May with a couple of specific A380 (388) products I was hoping to fly.
Looking at Flightradar some of those flights have been operated entirely with 777's recently.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CanadianMike
Does the Cowtool update if there is an aircraft swap? Or is "Aircraft Type" displayed only as booked?

I have a PNR for May with a couple of specific A380 (388) products I was hoping to fly.
Looking at Flightradar some of those flights have been operated entirely with 777's recently.
When the operating airline updates the type in their system, and it propagates to Amadeus (so that would be instantly for LH, but I have no idea for a non-1A airline), cowtool will report it. If it's a substantially different aircraft, there may also be a time change (either flight speed changes, or turn time changes, etc.), which would result in the segment going to TK.
CanadianMike and kalderlake like this.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

Okay given posts in another thread, I've started displaying the "maybe not ticketed properly" error to everyone, with a huge caveat that you should feel free to post here if you're confused at all.

I've also re-enabled saved bookings for all authenticated users. Please let me know if you encounter any issues.

I've had some random thoughts about turning this into an SQx "spreadsheet", so there's more to come here (a per-year total for SQx, excluding bookings from calculations, adding arbitrary values to the tally, etc.). But I think the basic feature of "wow I can see all my bookings, and if I delete one it actually disappears" is a pretty good start.
vancouver25k likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.