Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://acpnr.cowtool.com/

Feature Requests / Bug Reports
  • More direct links to partner airline "manage booking" pages
  • For points bookings, show how many points were used
  • Sometimes when you have UN segments, it doesn't show the entire PNR
  • How about a one tool using the other: PNR lookup tool could show R space available Y/N if pax isn't already upgraded.
  • Can seat # be a clickable link to carrier manage booking/seat?
  • Display ticket create date/time, helpful to know when reticketed due to schedule change.
Print Wikipost

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2020, 11:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Stranger
Since you already added the other links that are on the bookings on aircanada.com, should just be an extra link to the same page that their new button links to, no?
Not that simple. Believe me, if it were easy, I'd do it, because it's useful to me too
Old Feb 12, 2020, 3:52 pm

Programs: AC E50K (MM) FB (Platinum)
DP: Just checked one of SWMBO Stanbury's CDG bookings in which two flight timings were changed. The aircanada.com page now has 2 links which I cannot recall seeing before. One says Change Flights? In RED with a scarey, big exclamation mark beside it; the other invites us to Cancel Flights. I don't feel brave enough to try either of those! Cannot select seats or anything like that. The two flights in question still have status TK.

This reservation was made before the change to Amadeus. The timing changes occurred some time ago.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stanbury
DP: Just checked one of SWMBO Stanbury's CDG bookings in which two flight timings were changed. The aircanada.com page now has 2 links which I cannot recall seeing before. One says Change Flights? In RED with a scarey, big exclamation mark beside it; the other invites us to Cancel Flights. I don't feel brave enough to try either of those! Cannot select seats or anything like that. The two flights in question still have status TK.

This reservation was made before the change to Amadeus. The timing changes occurred some time ago.
If you scroll down, there should be a button to accept the changes. Then you'll be able to do other things.
Stanbury likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 4:12 pm

Programs: AC E50K (MM) FB (Platinum)
When I scroll down I see the summary of the flights, option to bid for an u/g (haha -- she is in J), passenger details summary, the offers for hotels and cars. No other button.

Tried both Chrome and Safari.

Duh?
Old Feb 12, 2020, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stanbury
When I scroll down I see the summary of the flights, option to bid for an u/g (haha -- she is in J), passenger details summary, the offers for hotels and cars. No other button.

Tried both Chrome and Safari.

Duh?

I have it for some reservations, but not for others...

Why? Who knows... This is AC.
canadiancow and Stanbury like this.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 5:15 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM
Originally Posted by canadiancow
The terms from the API provider don't permit that.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Other twist: Aeroplan status.

Not sure where the tool takes this from. My wife has 50K status until end of February. Based upon her 2019 flying she already qualified for 35K status also. (Not relevant to this issue, I am still unable to gift her 50K status again until March 1.)

The tool shows her as 35K, SA silver at this point. Checking on Altitude, still 50K. Checking the file on aircanada.com, no way to find status.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 8:43 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Other twist: Aeroplan status.

Not sure where the tool takes this from. My wife has 50K status until end of February. Based upon her 2019 flying she already qualified for 35K status also. (Not relevant to this issue, I am still unable to gift her 50K status again until March 1.)

The tool shows her as 35K, SA silver at this point. Checking on Altitude, still 50K. Checking the file on aircanada.com, no way to find status.
I'm experiencing something similar. E50K for 2019-2020, dropping down to E35K for 2020-2021.

Booked a flight IAH-YYC on a flight pass in Flex M yesterday, and got prompted to pay $26 for a preferred seat. When I called in, the agent said the system showed that I was E35K, as does canadiancow 's PNR viewer. The Altitude site still shows E50K.

I guess AC jumped the gun a bit in status downgrades for 2020-2021?
Old Feb 13, 2020, 8:55 am

Dear Cow,

Can we do a crowd funding campaign to get you to go in and fix Air Canada IT?

Yours truly,

ITAG and 1 Million Other Customers.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
I'm experiencing something similar. E50K for 2019-2020, dropping down to E35K for 2020-2021.

Booked a flight IAH-YYC on a flight pass in Flex M yesterday, and got prompted to pay $26 for a preferred seat. When I called in, the agent said the system showed that I was E35K, as does canadiancow 's PNR viewer. The Altitude site still shows E50K.

I guess AC jumped the gun a bit in status downgrades for 2020-2021?
We'll see what happens when checking in tomorrow.

I tried again gifting her 50K status, but again altitude says I have to wait until after Mar 1.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did the cow do something? Or did AC fix this? My wife's status is showing back correct...
Old Feb 13, 2020, 10:00 am
Original Poster

I have done nothing.

​​​​​​In the old system, the status was loaded in res when you added the number, and never again. I don't know how Amadeus works.

It was also loaded in DCS when the flight was created ~4 days out.

So I wouldn't assume what Amadeus says is going to impact DCS right now.

But it's concerning if they're downgrading people mid-February.

This tool shows whatever's in Amadeus. Even if I could find another source for status information, I wouldn't want to use it, since it would mean this tool wouldn't match what agents see.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I have done nothing.

​​​​​​In the old system, the status was loaded in res when you added the number, and never again. I don't know how Amadeus works.

It was also loaded in DCS when the flight was created ~4 days out.

So I wouldn't assume what Amadeus says is going to impact DCS right now.

But it's concerning if they're downgrading people mid-February.

This tool shows whatever's in Amadeus. Even if I could find another source for status information, I wouldn't want to use it, since it would mean this tool wouldn't match what agents see.
So it seems AC did something since now it show correct again.

BTW I have another issue, with ticket number. This is the return of an itinerary originally booked on AC, 014 stock but with first leg on another airline. First leg and remainder of the first way was rebooked by that airline on their stock. Now both on aircanada.com and on the PNR viewer, the return shows with the other airline's ticket number. However on Saudia and on another Amadeus airline (on which the last leg is) the ticket shows up with the original 014 ticket number, which I would guess is the correct one. Actually we have this issue on two different tickets since my wife and I had two separate files.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 10:42 am
Original Poster

So it seems AC did something since now it show correct again.

BTW I have another issue, with ticket number. This is the return of an itinerary originally booked on AC, 014 stock but with first leg on another airline. First leg and remainder of the first way was rebooked by that airline on their stock. Now both on aircanada.com and on the PNR viewer, the return shows with the other airline's ticket number. However on Saudia and on another Amadeus airline (on which the last leg is) the ticket shows up with the original 014 ticket number, which I would guess is the correct one. Actually we have this issue on two different tickets since my wife and I had two separate files.
If you want to PM me the ref, I can take a look.

There are a lot of things that can happen that are less common that I realize I don't handle. Multiple ticket numbers for one PNR is certainly one of them.

There's also the ability to have a different FQTV for each segment. Right now I just display each of your numbers beside your name, but I don't show which segment they're assigned to (that table is already pretty wide). But that's so uncommon I didn't think it was worth the effort.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 1:21 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
I checked in for the IAH-YYC flight this morning, and found that I’d lost my seat assignment. But, I was able to select 12D myself without issues, this time. Cow’s tool shows my status is back to E50K.

This does seem to match others’ observation that perhaps AC did something. It’s also looking like our statuses can now be updated without removing/re-adding FF numbers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.