Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://acpnr.cowtool.com/

Feature Requests / Bug Reports
  • More direct links to partner airline "manage booking" pages
  • For points bookings, show how many points were used
  • Sometimes when you have UN segments, it doesn't show the entire PNR
  • How about a one tool using the other: PNR lookup tool could show R space available Y/N if pax isn't already upgraded.
  • Can seat # be a clickable link to carrier manage booking/seat?
  • Display ticket create date/time, helpful to know when reticketed due to schedule change.
Print Wikipost

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2020, 12:56 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
This is more useful than the Air Canada app!
Old Feb 8, 2020, 1:47 pm

Programs: AC E35K, Aeroplan Diamond, Bonvoy Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I've expanded the passenger section to include your frequent flyer information.

If anyone is *S and could confirm that shows up properly, it would be appreciated. It seems all my friends are either *G or nothing.

AC*S shows up properly for one of my upcoming trips. Great job, cow!
canadiancow likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by jugaadkabaap;32048166!
​​​2. I expect my AE redemptions in my Name to automatically carry my AC FF # - however the PNR lookup didn't show it. I am not sure of this at the moment as looking up the ETicket in saudia also doesnt show FF info.
My AP award tickets came up the same way, without an AP number. I had to go through AC (or on one case the operating carrier's site) to add the number. Immediately after, the tool showed my number and status.

If only AP/AC could make (real) enhancements this fast.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 3:07 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold

Can anyone help me make sense of what TK means? I’m not planning to take the flight from YUL to YQB tomorrow (arranged my own transport after the initial YUL => YQB cancellation), but am worried that the subsequent HK segments will be cancelled when I no-show for the TK segment. Any advice? Should I still expect to have the HK segments, or is there something I have to call in tonight to fix?
Old Feb 8, 2020, 6:19 pm

Excellent work!

FWIW, my multi-segment (14), multi-booking code (3) multi-carrier (7) mRTW is showing up complete, near as I can tell.

Happy to see "HK"s across the board as well, as for several weeks the first six flights had been cancelled.

Thanks CC.
canadiancow and jugaadkabaap like this.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 6:30 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E75, WS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, GHA Plat, UA Silver, SQ Silver
Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt
Can anyone help me make sense of what TK means?
TK - Scheduled change
UN - no flight

I guess you might need to speak to someone (either on call or at airport) so that they don't mark you as a no show for the YUL - YQB segment. Having said, I am not an expert in this scenario - hence I will differ it to the veterans
Old Feb 8, 2020, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by BML87
Does EVA not use Amadeus?
I believe EVA (BR) does, as is Thai (TG), as my recent trip shows (same PNR, same online check-in detail carried through)
Old Feb 12, 2020, 7:03 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM
Given how many people are having issues pulling up PNRs or figuring out why they can't change seats, etc., I did some searching. Amadeus is used by so many airlines, there are actually some interesting data sources available.

As such, I've cobbled some stuff together.

https://api.ft.canadiancow.com/pnr/pnr

I'm also happy to take requests for other data you might want to see.
Any thought of open sourcing the code for those that may want to extend or utilize it internally for other purposes?
Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yowcat
Any thought of open sourcing the code for those that may want to extend or utilize it internally for other purposes?
The terms from the API provider don't permit that.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:07 am

Programs: AC SE
On an AE itinerary involving 2 legs on AC and one on UA, I can see my seats for the AC legs but not the UA one. Should I be worried? The seats seem fine on UA.com.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jasdou
On an AE itinerary involving 2 legs on AC and one on UA, I can see my seats for the AC legs but not the UA one. Should I be worried? The seats seem fine on UA.com.
All that really matters is that you can see it on UA.

That being said, I also have an Aeroplan ticket with a UA segment and the seat shows up.
jasdou likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can you add the new button that's on aircanada.com accepting changes and moving TK to HK?
Old Feb 12, 2020, 11:12 am

Programs: AC SE
All that really matters is that you can see it on UA.

That being said, I also have an Aeroplan ticket with a UA segment and the seat shows up.
Thanks. I actually should call UA to clean this up as there has been many, many changes on the AC legs (surprising, I know!) and UA seems confused about them.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stranger
Can you add the new button that's on aircanada.com accepting changes and moving TK to HK?
That will be tough, but it's something I've been trying to do since I created this, and I will continue trying.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That will be tough, but it's something I've been trying to do since I created this, and I will continue trying.
Since you already added the other links that are on the bookings on aircanada.com, should just be an extra link to the same page that their new button links to, no?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.