Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://acpnr.cowtool.com/

Feature Requests / Bug Reports
  • More direct links to partner airline "manage booking" pages
  • For points bookings, show how many points were used
  • Sometimes when you have UN segments, it doesn't show the entire PNR
  • How about a one tool using the other: PNR lookup tool could show R space available Y/N if pax isn't already upgraded.
  • Can seat # be a clickable link to carrier manage booking/seat?
  • Display ticket create date/time, helpful to know when reticketed due to schedule change.
Print Wikipost

Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2022, 12:16 am

I like the compact, but I appreciate the tool enough that I'll happily use it either way.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 12:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by vancouver25k
I like the compact, but I appreciate the tool enough that I'll happily use it either way.
At this point, both options are going to remain. I just want to figure out which to make the default.
Bohemian1 and vancouver25k like this.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 2:02 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
"Normal (with extra padding)" seems easier to read so I prefer it.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 7:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Hertz Gold
This didn't work before for a KLM ticket with an AC segment (same PNR for both KLM and AC). I was going to ask if that was intentional, but now it works. Thank you!
Old Apr 30, 2022, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

I didn't change anything.

​​​​​​
guessaaa likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 7:43 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I didn't change anything.

​​​​​​
It would error out every time. I tried at different times and days. AC PNRs always worked fine immediately before and after trying. Anyhow, I appreciate that it works for me now
Old May 23, 2022, 6:06 pm
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Definitely not resolved.
Does your PNR lookup use the same connections to AC? It also fails for these bookings FWIW.
Old May 23, 2022, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wjw
Does your PNR lookup use the same connections to AC? It also fails for these bookings FWIW.
It does not, and it can pull up my PNRs that do not load in the app.
Old May 23, 2022, 9:21 pm
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
It does not, and it can pull up my PNRs that do not load in the app.
Well I suppose correlation doesn’t not imply causation. Does your tool pull PNR’s for AC ticketed trips that originate on other airlines? If so, I’m stumped. I get a {"message": "Endpoint request timed out"}

I can PM you the details if it would be helpful to improve the tool for others?
Old May 23, 2022, 10:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wjw
Well I suppose correlation doesn’t not imply causation. Does your tool pull PNR’s for AC ticketed trips that originate on other airlines? If so, I’m stumped. I get a {"message": "Endpoint request timed out"}

I can PM you the details if it would be helpful to improve the tool for others?
That's a consequence of the technology I chose to use (which other cowtools have moved off) with a strict timeout, combined with airline systems being generally slow. Timeouts generally mean the booking exists, but it couldn't be loaded in 29 seconds.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

I finally had one of my own bookings where a confirmed upgrade was showing "cabin Y". I've made some improvements there. I'm still seeing some segments where it doesn't know what cabin it is though. For example, I have a SFO-IAD on UA in X class (so it's obviously Y), but I'm unable to get that without literally guessing. Oh well, small steps.

I also made the "extra padding" the default, but each option has a "no padding" version you can use.
YYC3722 likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 9:16 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
A suggestion (request):

I am tracking a gaggle of reward bookings for my family's flights this summer ... and lost in the noise was the fact that one of the flights had since been cancelled, and was currently in UN status. This was a partner flight, and AC (Aeroplan) had not helpfully not even notified me ... it was only happenstance that I finally noticed the flight was not actually going to be a flight anymore.

I know (and love) that the output of the tool is super clean & concise, and I don't think you should change that ... but it seems to me that there are a small handful of special cases where you really do want to get the reader's attention. For example, if the Status is UN, then perhaps you could shade the cell red (something like background-color:#F08080) just to really make that situation visible, and ensure it's not overlooked.

I can't think of many cases where a flight is now UN and you would not want to make sure the the reader is aware.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Yeah, that sounds like a great idea. What other statuses would you want shaded? HX?

Though I also think there's a different cowtool that could have alerted you of this
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 9:55 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Yeah, that sounds like a great idea. What other statuses would you want shaded? HX?
Not sure I even know when HX status would appear ... but if you're concerned about it, then yes I'd be concerned

If you want to get super fancy you could also use a subtle colour (LightSkyBlue?) for HN or HL (which would make it more visibly apparent when a J upgrade request is still just a request) ... but I recognize there are lots of those edge cases which are possible.

Though I also think there's a different cowtool that could have alerted you of this
I use that other tool (which is fabulous ) for all of my flights ... but I have not added all of the flights of my extended family into my tripit instance, and it was one of those which went UN.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canopus27
Not sure I even know when HX status would appear ... but if you're concerned about it, then yes I'd be concerned

If you want to get super fancy you could also use a subtle colour (LightSkyBlue?) for HN or HL (which would make it more visibly apparent when a J upgrade request is still just a request) ... but I recognize there are lots of those edge cases which are possible.
https://servicehub.amadeus.com/c/por...nt-status-code has a decent table.

I'd probably use red for UU US HX and something else for HL HN TL TN.

But then is it also worth showing something else for TK to make it clear there's been a change on that segment?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.