FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/2007176-unofficial-ac-pnr-viewing-tool-cowtool.html)

Bohemian1 Feb 1, 2020 7:22 pm

Thanks to our friendly neighbourhood moderator tcook052 for making this thread a first class citizen, as it deserves to be.

And thanks to canadiancow for creating yet another useful tool.

It sometimes staggers me thinking about the things that we have to do to have some degree of control over our travel.

canadiancow Feb 1, 2020 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by RangerNS (Post 32020245)
Works for me.

Only quick comment is that the fare basis doesn't show the discount extension (I'm sure there is some industry term idk). H3Q9CO vs H3Q9CO/8N15.

Saudia shows this, so just another mapping to add?

This should be fixed now. Let me know if you still have issues. The full fare basis with the ticket designator only shows up if the PNR has actually been ticketed, whereas the shorter one is there even without a ticket issued. It'll now take the full one if it's available, but fall back to the short one otherwise

RangerNS Feb 1, 2020 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 32022091)
This should be fixed now. Let me know if you still have issues. The full fare basis with the ticket designator only shows up if the PNR has actually been ticketed, whereas the shorter one is there even without a ticket issued. It'll now take the full one if it's available, but fall back to the short one otherwise

Looks good!

Descriptions of the fields (RDB?) and the status values would be nice, but docs are a different problem :P

canadiancow Feb 1, 2020 8:38 pm

Reservation Booking Designator is the fare class. I need shorter titles 😂

Rykoshet Feb 1, 2020 8:47 pm

Wow neat! It worked for me but times out after about 60 seconds. But glad to finally get confirmation all segments are nice and HK.

BML87 Feb 1, 2020 9:16 pm

Worked for both my pre- and post-Amadeus reservations. Now I want to decipher what my fare basis codes mean.

mahasamatman Feb 1, 2020 9:52 pm

Thanks for the nice tool, canadiancow. I created a simple form interface so you don't have to manually play around with the URL.

http://mahasamatman.com/ac.html

canadiancow Feb 1, 2020 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 32022302)
Thanks for the nice tool, canadiancow. I created a simple form interface so you don't have to manually play around with the URL.

http://mahasamatman.com/ac.html

That's also on my list ^

InTheAirGuy Feb 2, 2020 4:43 am

Of all the cows on FT, we have the coolest, smartest cow.

RangerNS Feb 2, 2020 6:56 am

Is there a public API this accesses, or are you scraping UI? Where is the GitHub?

King Chung Huang Feb 2, 2020 7:05 am

It’d be cool to have a tool like this combined with the AQD/AQM spreadsheet data!

ulyparis Feb 2, 2020 8:39 am

Great, thank you!

YXUFlyboy Feb 2, 2020 8:50 am

Does a flight change sometimes switch a segment from HK to TK? I see this on trips where they’ve changed the times - I don’t actually care except all my options are now greyed out. What’s the right term to use with AC Res?

RangerNS Feb 2, 2020 9:22 am

Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy (Post 32023694)
Does a flight change sometimes switch a segment from HK to TK? I see this on trips where they’ve changed the times - I don’t actually care except all my options are now greyed out. What’s the right term to use with AC Res?

That problem may be Cows motivation for throwing this together

Any change from the back end seems to lockout customers from making further changes. AC Res knows whats up, just say you can't change anything, and either they will or do the needful to release it.

canadiancow Feb 2, 2020 11:42 am

Originally Posted by RangerNS (Post 32023442)
Is there a public API this accesses, or are you scraping UI? Where is the GitHub?

Not open source because while it using an Amadeus API, it's not a public API. Even the public ones that I found aren't really public, they're just free. You still need an account.

Originally Posted by King Chung Huang (Post 32023470)
It’d be cool to have a tool like this combined with the AQD/AQM spreadsheet data!

I tried doing that pre-Amadeus but I couldn't get a fare breakdown. Now I can. So that's in the longer-term plans.

Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy (Post 32023694)

Yes. That's the primary motivation I had for making this. Just tell them there was a schedule change and you need it cleaned up.

Originally Posted by RangerNS (Post 32023785)
That problem may be Cows motivation for throwing this together

Yup.