Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

No Premium Rouge seats for ACV packages?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2020, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, National E/E, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, MB, Avis PC

I'm trying to book some time at a beach for June. Thinking about going to Riviera Maya. But regardless how much I look, there are no J seats offered with ACV packages. That's not only to CUN, but to several other Caribbean destinations also. Did they really stop selling J seats with vacation packages?
Old Jan 29, 2020, 6:33 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by WildcatYXU
I'm trying to book some time at a beach for June. Thinking about going to Riviera Maya. But regardless how much I look, there are no J seats offered with ACV packages. That's not only to CUN, but to several other Caribbean destinations also. Did they really stop selling J seats with vacation packages?
Could some of these routes now be operated by all-Y Rouge birds?
Old Jan 29, 2020, 7:26 am

Programs: E35K
Originally Posted by jasdou
Could some of these routes now be operated by all-Y Rouge birds?
I've had the same issue all weekend as well, on routes I know have premium rouge (A319 flights to LAS for example). Also the packages I've been looking at include connections on mainline flights that surely have J. I tried to call ACV but hung up after the first hour.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 7:45 am

Programs: AC SE
I just had a look at random dates in June and it seems like YYZ-CUN is operated by a Rouge 763 with Premium Rouge but YUL-CUN is operated by the infamous all-Y Rouge A321.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 8:04 am

Programs: AC*SE, Wyndham Dimond, Marriott Plat, Amex Plat CND & USA, active military, Yoga teacher.
ACV has the worst of all the websites owned by Air Canada. if you call in they may have seats available for a great deal. I flew with them in December air Canada sent me a bid upgrade min $400 each way, online ACV was not selling J, but gave ACV a call and for only $300 each got round trip J confirmand. My package dropped in price by $190 I only had to pay the $110 to upgrade. if you have any status with air Canada you should call in as they give you deals.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 1:08 pm

Programs: AC Altitude 35K, AA, Marriott Silver Elite, NEXUS
My Summer TPA flights just got switched to all Y Rouge....had to call in (only waited 2 hours ) to cancel and then rebook on UAL First for less money than I had booked in Rouge J...(yes a stop each way)...
Old Jan 29, 2020, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, National E/E, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, MB, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jasdou
I just had a look at random dates in June and it seems like YYZ-CUN is operated by a Rouge 763 with Premium Rouge but YUL-CUN is operated by the infamous all-Y Rouge A321.
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm looking at flights departing from YYZ. However, I checked some destinations operated by A319 and there was no J availability either

Originally Posted by LesDorgo
ACV has the worst of all the websites owned by Air Canada. if you call in they may have seats available for a great deal. I flew with them in December air Canada sent me a bid upgrade min $400 each way, online ACV was not selling J, but gave ACV a call and for only $300 each got round trip J confirmand. My package dropped in price by $190 I only had to pay the $110 to upgrade. if you have any status with air Canada you should call in as they give you deals.
Unfortunately, I don't have any status now. And probably won't have any despite having a traveling job again, since I have to travel to some destinations in North America not served by *A. For example, coming Sunday I'm departing for STX. Any route that would involve AC would be way too expensive. So by the end of February I'll have some AAdvantage qualifying miles and segments, but my Altitude counter will still show zeroes...
Nonetheless, I'll definitely try to call in.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 5:25 pm

I couldn't book them online, but I was able to call in and get upgraded for $300....a few of my friends have had similar experiences as well!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.