Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa availability to Aeroplan - questions/issues (2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2020, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Couple of years ago, I found Lufthansa award tickets through united, used the same dates on aeroplan and bought the tickets. I did this since I had points with amex.
Tried doing the same thing now but aeroplan not returning any flights for Lufthansa. I'm looking for iad - lhr - MAA.
Did something change?
Old Jan 25, 2020, 10:16 pm

Star Alliance carriers only selectively expose a subset of their reward inventory to other carriers' to rectify inter-carrier redemption imbalances. (tell those Germans to use more AC rewards!!!!!!!)

Did you try looking up the segments individually, ie: IAD-LHR, and LHR-MAA, on the AP site? If that gave you nothing, then, absent a short-term IT error, there's no inventory available for AP members to book.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 11:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Can you elaborate on what you mean by Lufthansa and IAD-LHR-MAA? Because that airline does not fly either of those segments. Replace LHR with MUC or FRA and I'd believe you.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Can you elaborate on what you mean by Lufthansa and IAD-LHR-MAA? Because that airline does not fly either of those segments. Replace LHR with MUC or FRA and I'd believe you.
Sorry meant to say FRA.

Originally Posted by pitz
Star Alliance carriers only selectively expose a subset of their reward inventory to other carriers' to rectify inter-carrier redemption imbalances. (tell those Germans to use more AC rewards!!!!!!!)

Did you try looking up the segments individually, ie: IAD-LHR, and LHR-MAA, on the AP site? If that gave you nothing, then, absent a short-term IT error, there's no inventory available for AP members to book.
I get this error all the time "Your requested itinerary cannot be booked at this time, please try again. If the problem persists, please call the aeroplan.com website support centre at 1-866-689-8080" for days now!

Last edited by Adam Smith; Sep 27, 2022 at 7:00 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Jan 29, 2020, 1:17 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
BIZDOCK - if you give us dates some of us can take a look.

As far as I remember only saver award shows on UA are available on Aeroplan.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 1:54 pm

I have been looking obsessively for the last few weeks for TLL-YVR or SFO next week. Was hoping to get F to open up somewhere. It didn't within my comfort zone, however the vast majority of what was available in J TATL was on LH.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dr_torch
BIZDOCK - if you give us dates some of us can take a look.

As far as I remember only saver award shows on UA are available on Aeroplan.
Thanks dr_torch !
I see business saver available in UA site for the following:
Mar29-30: IAD-FRA-MAA (85k miles+$25)
Old Jan 30, 2020, 7:46 am

BIZDOCK

In Y or J?

I see IAD-FRA-MAA on LH metal on the 29th and the 30th for 50,000 + taxes (in Y).

You will have to pay YQ with Aeroplan redemptions so the cost will be MUCH higher than with UA.

That seems to be what you are looking for? Can you not book it?
Old Jan 30, 2020, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Want J. Only reason I was looking at AP is because my wife has a lot of Amex points that I wanted to use. Can't transfer to UA.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 10:27 am

On the 29th I don't see any business saver awards with UA.

On the 30th I see IAD-FRA-BOM-MAA and I see the same thing bookable with AE. (75k miles plus a ton of taxes)

The one stop only has economy saver (Y) - which also shows up on AE in Y.

As far as I know you need business saver availability for it to show up on J on AE. @canadiancow did I get this right?
Old Jan 30, 2020, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

On the 29th I don't see any business saver awards with UA.

On the 30th I see IAD-FRA-BOM-MAA and I see the same thing bookable with AE. (75k miles plus a ton of taxes)

The one stop only has economy saver (Y) - which also shows up on AE in Y.

As far as I know you need business saver availability for it to show up on J on AE. @canadiancow did I get this right?
Please see the attached file
Old Jan 30, 2020, 2:00 pm

The issue is that your post said the following :
Originally Posted by BIZDOCK
Thanks dr_torch !
I see business saver available in UA site for the following:
Mar29-30: IAD-FRA-MAA (85k miles+$25)
And that screenshot is not for Mar29.
Anyway - the AE site also shows that flight. 75k miles plus a ton of taxes.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

The issue is that your post said the following :

And that screenshot is not for Mar29.
Anyway - the AE site also shows that flight. 75k miles plus a ton of taxes.
Sorry my bad. I meant to say Apr in my original post.
I'm still getting the error on AE. Is it because I don't have miles?
Old Feb 3, 2020, 6:52 pm

Quick question regarding Lufthansa awards disappearing if you try and book via two different partners. I.e if you see 3 awards for LH F and want to book 1 seat with say AC Aeroplan miles (since I want to use their favorable lap infant policy for awards) and the other two seats with UA miles. Sometimes with awards if you book one seat (or whatever qty for your first purchase) it takes all the rest of the awards down off the system...thank you!!
Old Feb 5, 2020, 5:44 am

FYI, I have been trying daily for about 2 weeks to find anything bookable from FRA in F .... tons of phantom options show up 2-4 days out. None of it bookable. Was looking EWR, ORD, SFO, LAX, IAD for Feb 6-8, hoped that was flexible enough, but alas no. Thankfully have a SAS J ticketed as a back up, but rather disappointed to constantly "see" an option, pick it, then have them say "no seats, try again", refresh the screen and same darn flight shows up again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.