Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Help me identify this great appetizer

Question: Help me identify this great appetizer

Old Jan 25, 2020, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Help me identify this great appetizer

I had this oddly tasty appetizer a few weeks ago on AC880. I saw the menu online - it said there would be something with lobster and orzo. I boarded on final call, and didn't get a menu. I just asked the SD for the appetizer as I ate a full meal at the SSL earlier. This is what I received:

Had the texture of sashimi, tasted similar to prosciutto.

Anybody know what this is? Thanks.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 12:04 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Not sure what your photo depicts but I had the lobster and orzo salad onboard AC844 a few weeks ago and found it quite tasty.

pitz likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 3:53 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
I think I’ve had that one. Was it smoked tuna with pickled daikon or radish?
mctaste likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 3:55 pm

Programs: aeroplan
Originally Posted by yyztozag
I had this oddly tasty appetizer a few weeks ago on AC880. I saw the menu online - it said there would be something with lobster and orzo. I boarded on final call, and didn't get a menu. I just asked the SD for the appetizer as I ate a full meal at the SSL earlier. This is what I received:

Had the texture of sashimi, tasted similar to prosciutto.

Anybody know what this is? Thanks.

Smoked yellowfin tuna with a mushroom&artichoke escabache and capers. Did you find it salty?
Old Jan 25, 2020, 3:56 pm

Programs: aeroplan
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Not sure what your photo depicts but I had the lobster and orzo salad onboard AC844 a few weeks ago and found it quite tasty.

Was also on AC872 YYZ-FRA last Sunday. Texture and taste were very good.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Originally Posted by YYZ_tatlflyer
Smoked yellowfin tuna with a mushroom&artichoke escabache and capers. Did you find it salty?
Yep - that sounds about right. I found it salty but not overpowering. Very tasty.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.