Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Infant initial instead of full name on ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2020, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite

I’ve got an upcoming Aeroplan redemption on which we’re travelling with my infant daughter which was booked shortly after the Amadeus transition. When I called in to get her added to the ticket the agent only listed her last name and first initial which was apparently due to some sort of Amadeus bug. The agent has said that there is no way to resolve the issue without completely reissuing the ticket (which they don’t want to do) but has assured me that he put notes on the file as well as has updated the APIS data with my daughter’s full legal name. Does anybody have any similar experiences? I’m hoping to avoid issues at check-in.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 10:13 am

Programs: *$ Green
Are you travelling with OALs?
Old Jan 25, 2020, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Are you travelling with OALs?
Yes, the ticket includes segments on AC, LH, OS, SK, and A3. I think the number of carriers involved creates some of the concern over reticketing with the full name.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 12:09 pm

Ouch. Yeah, OK...

I mean, chances are they'll all just do PFN edits on their respective DCSs, but yeah...

And the only way to fix this is to refund and reissue on a brand spanking new PNR... easy if there's inventory, but if there isn't there's literally nothing AC/AE can do about it.

Also, better to refund reissue the adult too and keep an adult on the same PNR as the kid. You really don't want to have the kid on a PNR by their own.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Ouch. Yeah, OK...

I mean, chances are they'll all just do PFN edits on their respective DCSs, but yeah...

And the only way to fix this is to refund and reissue on a brand spanking new PNR... easy if there's inventory, but if there isn't there's literally nothing AC/AE can do about it.

Also, better to refund reissue the adult too and keep an adult on the same PNR as the kid. You really don't want to have the kid on a PNR by their own.

Thanks Sparseflyer. AE mentioned that they sent a “message” to the other carriers with the details. Do you know what this means in practice? Would it show in the notes when checking us in?
Old Jan 25, 2020, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by fly_yag
Thanks Sparseflyer. AE mentioned that they sent a “message” to the other carriers with the details. Do you know what this means in practice? Would it show in the notes when checking us in?
Probably means that there's an SSR message that was sent. But you can rely on it really... ideally you would send a separate SSR to each airline.

I mean, there's a high likelihood that things end up OK.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 9:41 pm

Yes this happened to GHT Jr before....... Believe INF name didn’t show up on SWISS and Asiana system w Aeroplan redemption ticket.

contact the airlines involved and make sure the airlines see AC/AP’s notes on file and are okay w it before travelling. If not have AC/AP contact that airline and resolved their differences back end.

Originally Posted by fly_yag
I’ve got an upcoming Aeroplan redemption on which we’re travelling with my infant daughter which was booked shortly after the Amadeus transition. When I called in to get her added to the ticket the agent only listed her last name and first initial which was apparently due to some sort of Amadeus bug. The agent has said that there is no way to resolve the issue without completely reissuing the ticket (which they don’t want to do) but has assured me that he put notes on the file as well as has updated the APIS data with my daughter’s full legal name. Does anybody have any similar experiences? I’m hoping to avoid issues at check-in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.