Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

YYT Blizzard - Day X of no commercial ops

YYT Blizzard - Day X of no commercial ops

Old Jan 22, 20, 9:24 am

Programs: AC P25
Originally Posted by AtlanticXpat View Post
AC tweeted to the effect that they are adding 1200 additional seats to YYT in the next day or so. According to FR24, I don't see any widebody flights but every flight is upgraded to A321 from E90 etc. Not sure how quickly that would add up to 1200 extra seats?
Westjet also tweeted about multiple extra flights but I donít see those either.

2/3 remaining flights on AC from YYZ today show economy available on the app, fwiw.
Old Jan 22, 20, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC P25K, WS Rewards, DL SkyMiles, UA MP, Priority Pass, AMEX MR, NEXUS, H-Honors, M-Bonvoy
Originally Posted by AtlanticXpat View Post
AC tweeted to the effect that they are adding 1200 additional seats to YYT in the next day or so. According to FR24, I don't see any widebody flights but every flight is upgraded to A321 from E90 etc. Not sure how quickly that would add up to 1200 extra seats?
My thoughts exactly...

The only way they could get that many additional seats is if they threw a few 777s or A330s (or similar) on the route. A321s will definitely clear a bit of backlog, but a larger aircraft would do this far more efficiently in one go.
Old Jan 22, 20, 10:32 am

Programs: AC E50K (*G), NEXUS
Originally Posted by yytleisure View Post
Westjet also tweeted about multiple extra flights but I donít see those either.

2/3 remaining flights on AC from YYZ today show economy available on the app, fwiw.
It seems like the only additional flight AC has added is a single Rouge 319 on YHZ-YYT-YHZ. As others have said, it looks like the 321 upguages were sufficient- If this was during the holidays it'd be a whole other story in terms of rescue flights!
Old Jan 22, 20, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by codfather View Post
My thoughts exactly...

The only way they could get that many additional seats is if they threw a few 777s or A330s (or similar) on the route. A321s will definitely clear a bit of backlog, but a larger aircraft would do this far more efficiently in one go.
There are seats available for sale on the 321 flights. Adding a widebody designed to fly longer stage lengths would almost certainly not be more efficient. The 763 only fits 21 more passengers than a mainline 321, for instance. But probably costs a lot more to operate on a route of that length.
We already know that AC is short of widebody capacity (eg the Daytripper seasonal cancellation) so aircraft availability would be another concern.
Old Jan 22, 20, 4:56 pm

Programs: AC E35K
My flight today was still a q400. Arrived only to find the SOE continued. Really wish they would have said so Tuesday night. Would have cancelled. I really thought they wouldn’t keep businesses closed for over a week.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: