Wiki Posts
Search

How to add infant to reservation

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2020, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: nada
How to add infant to reservation

Flying on Tuesday with my family, YHZ-YUL-MCO i booked online a few months ago but I have to add an infant that will sit on my wife's lap. Can I take care of this at the airport? I have been trying to call for weeks but Air Canada will not even put me on hold blaming their new reservation system.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 6:38 pm

IMHO, never leave it until the airport to sort out an infant ticket if your itinerary crosses a border. I've literally had to buy an extra award seat for the baby on the phone while the agent at the counter waited to rebook us to the next day.

Granted that was an SQ award on UA metal, but I have never run into problems domestically (in either the US or Canada) but the minute it goes "international", all bets are off.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 7:35 pm

Programs: *$ Green
I can't remember exactly, but one of the directions between CA and US requires a ticket to be issued. It's only taxes (and I think it's departing US), but if you're a R/T you'll need one and I would absolutely not wait until day of!
Old Jan 19, 2020, 7:45 pm

I've had an issue with booking an award ticket on Aeroplan for my lap infant on a partner booking....I left it till the airport after spending something like 8 hours cumulative hold time....I ended up buying a ticket in cash for my infant (adult fare) and am currently suing Aeroplan for the amount of the fare.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 8:24 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Enterprise Plat
I've flown with infants a lot. Important to call it in ahead of time and get it added to the file. The name of the game is to be organized at every level.

Call at 7am ET for your best chance to get connected through, and as mentioned above, you will need to pay the taxes for the infant.
SparseFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 10:14 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by yyckerr
I've flown with infants a lot. Important to call it in ahead of time and get it added to the file. The name of the game is to be organized at every level.
This is exactly what I did. Call in, they'll add it to the file and send a revised itinerary showing the infant's unique eticket number. The last time I did this for a R/T to the US, I was charged a whopping $21 CAD, although I'm not able to decipher exactly where that money went.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.