In-flight entertainment requirements?

Old Yesterday, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle
In-flight entertainment requirements?

I will be flying LAS-YYZ soon on Air Canada Rouge 767 soon (first time). I couldn't find a whole lot of information online regarding requirements to access the streaming in-flight entertainment. App needed? iOS/android? Does it work on Mac/PC? Flash player needed?
Old Yesterday, 12:14 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K BA-S HH-D IHG-Amb
If you are seated in premium rouge (a.k.a. domestic business class), they will hand out iPads. Otherwise, you need to have the Air Canada app installed on your smartphone.
--
13F
Old Yesterday, 12:31 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, BW Diamond
For people flying rouge premium have you had a good experience with their iPads and movie selection?

Mine was awful
Old Yesterday, 12:43 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by theBeachBoy View Post
For people flying rouge premium have you had a good experience with their iPads and movie selection?

Mine was awful
Selection was okay, not amazing but there was something I wanted to watch. The issue I had was they took it back about 40 minutes (IIRC) before landing so I missed the end of my movie.
I can't recall if you're allowed to use iPads or just cell phones on landing now or back then but 40 mins was far far too early, there were only a handful out of in use in the cabin and the cabin is what, max 14 seats?

Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ View Post
If you are seated in premium rouge (a.k.a. domestic business class), they will hand out iPads. Otherwise, you need to have the Air Canada app installed on your smartphone.
--
13F
So I'd recommend downloading the app regardless.
Old Yesterday, 1:18 pm

IIRC the app only gives access to the IFE over wifi. The onboard ipads come with a second preinstalled set of movies accessed through a different player that generally include some very new releases (better than on mainline).
Old Yesterday, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by theBeachBoy View Post

Mine was awful
I've had great selection on all airlines by downloading movies on my iPad I actually want to watch and ignore the weird choices offered.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: