Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

I Can't Check In Online / Online Check-In (OLCI) Issues (2020 onwards)

Old Jan 15, 2020, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond

My niece is trying to check in for her flight tomorrow. She originally checked in and noticed a typo in her middle name. Called AC and, after 2 hours on hold, they undid the check-in and fixed the typo and presumably reissued the ticket as a new email was received with the correct name and a new ticket number.

Now, she cannot check in. Website provides the following at the end of the error message: CNA_UNAVAILABLE_ET_COUPON

Looks like something is amiss with the way they reissued the ticket. Of course, AC customer service is useless ("you're within 24 hours" or "it's the website - try again later").

Any suggestions?

As an aside, her friend is checked in but her seat was changed from what she selected when checking in and now they are no longer together. She is unable to change her seat online or through the app (and she has an economy flex ticket) and, again, customer service can't do anything.

Overall, I am unimpressed with AC so far. Hopefully the flights go well.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 5:34 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Check in problems are common unfortunately. There is only one way I know to fix them and that is have an agent at the airport deal with it. Unfortunately that means going to the airport if you aren't super elite.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by HofstraJet

As an aside, her friend is checked in but her seat was changed from what she selected when checking in and now they are no longer together. She is unable to change her seat online or through the app (and she has an economy flex ticket) and, again, customer service can't do anything.

Overall, I am unimpressed with AC so far. Hopefully the flights go well.
Once checked-in, you can't make changes online via the account.
Get her friend to restart the online checkin process and she can select another seat.
HofstraJet likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Once checked-in, you can't make changes online via the account.
Get her friend to restart the online checkin process and she can select another seat.
Brilliant! That worked perfectly. Thank you.
Old May 15, 2022, 1:20 pm

Codeshare Checkin Question

I am flying LHR-DUB-YYZ-YTS on May 17. The LHR-DUB leg is operated by Aer Lingus (AC codeshare) and rest are AC operated. When I checked in for the Aer Lingus flight it says that I cannot check in for the AC flights. Will I be able to check in for the AC flights on the Air Canada website or how do I check in?

Flights were all booked through aircanada.com on one ticket.
Old May 15, 2022, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Yes you should be able to check in at T-24 hours for your first AC metal flight on the AC app or website.
yyznomad and vancouver25k like this.
Old May 15, 2022, 4:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
EI can also give you all boarding passes at the airport.
yyznomad and vancouver25k like this.
Old May 15, 2022, 6:33 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Just did something similar with a LH leg. Able to get all the BPs at the airport after the required document checks.
Old May 19, 2022, 6:32 pm

As an update, was able to select seats at T-24 for the Air Canada flights on the Air Canada website (did not work on app) but unable to check in. At LHR, Aer Lingus agent was skeptical about printing the Air Canada boarding passes but after asking him to try, I was able to get the Air Canada boarding passes.
Old May 19, 2022, 7:53 pm

You may still want to drop by the AC gate early so they can check your vaccine documentation. Presumably that's why you couldn't check in online and if you try to board with your boarding pass without verifying your docs it'll cause a bit of a delay boarding. They'll also want to see your ArriveCan receipt (download the app and upload your vaccine docs into it) though that's not strictly necessary for them to enforce -- but if you don't do it it'll cause you a delay when you arrive before you get to immigration.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 6:44 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Cannot check in - itinerary including TK segment

Trying to check in my spouse for a flight tomorrow YVR-FRA-IST AC connecting to TK. TK flight > 24 hours from now. Was able to get to point where travel document details were entered but then process choked, with screen saying go to airport agent. Called concierge, who put me on hold, talked to airport, and came back saying that a document check was needed. However, document check normally allows full check in but BP is not issued. Also, Cowtool shows both segments HK, with first segment/coupon (AC) under airport control and second segment/coupon open. When I tried to do a dummy check in on the TK site with their booking reference, it choked immediately, saying there is a problem with one the flights, and the TK flight was marked as "You cannot check-in as check-in is not open yet. This makes me wonder if TK connections cannot be checked-in if over 24 hours.

Does anyone have experience with TK connections? Or is there something else I should consider/try?

Thanks in advance, would like to nip this in the bud if there is a problem.

Note to mods: found this 2010 thread: Air Canada on-line check in policy with connecting flight after I posted, in case you wish to merge

Last edited by visitor; Jun 10, 2022 at 6:50 pm Reason: added link to old thread for possible merge
Old Jun 11, 2022, 12:17 pm

Update: concierge was right - at airport, a quick document check and checked in no problems. I tried checking in online prior to going to airport, and failed, so not a >24hr TK connection problem. Why it behaved differently than previously (allow check-in but not give BP) I don't know.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 1:44 pm

Programs: AC SE100*1MM; Spire Ambassador
you need to visit the connection desk to get your TK boarding pass.

Also be mindful that FRA connection is really bad, both security and passport control desk.
visitor likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by lespoir
you need to visit the connection desk to get your TK boarding pass.

Also be mindful that FRA connection is really bad, both security and passport control desk.
Thx. AC issued BP for TK
flight and she has 3.5 layover scheduled so fingers crossed.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 5:44 am

'Flight closed not available for check in'...but leaves in 23 hours

Flying VCE to YUL tomorrow and OLCI not available. Is this common for European departures? We also have a 13 hr layover for connecting flights so wondering if that's the issue?

Really didn't want to have to wait in line as we don't have checked baggage.

I can't see any of our flights showing as canceled currently

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.