Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Itinerary Changes on Aeroplan ticket to Australia

Old Jan 14, 20, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan

Booked YYT to Sydney, Australia in Feb/2020, and Honolulu to YYT in Apr/2020, a month or so ago & have gotten several e-mails on flight changes. Now I cannot check my booking status using the original reference numbers.
Just got another flight change notice saying my flight from Vancouver to YYT has been cancelled, with a new flight assigned "THE NEXT DAY" to YYZ, but nothing for YYZ to YYT. This will obviously mean missing my original flight from YYZ to YYT.

Have never experienced this before. "Manage My Bookings" now show nothing. Is this common? Who should I contact, Aeroplan or Air Canada? Tried both a while back but no answer at Aeroplan & a continuous loop at Air Canada.
Is this result of the Air Canada computer "UPGRADE"?
Old Jan 14, 20, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Read the thread on migration to Amadeus. Your bookings now have an Amadeus booking reference.
Old Jan 14, 20, 4:46 pm

Aeroplan are the ones who will need to fix this. They can open space on AC flights if needed too.
Old Jan 14, 20, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Read the thread on migration to Amadeus. Your bookings now have an Amadeus booking reference.
Thanks. So how would I find this new Amadeus booking reference number?
Old Jan 14, 20, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by monkai View Post
Aeroplan are the ones who will need to fix this. They can open space on AC flights if needed too.
Thanks. Is there a better time to call to reduce the waiting that you know of?
Old Jan 14, 20, 4:56 pm

This may or may not help but when I tried my "old" booking reference on AC's Manage my booking, it accepted it and told me my "new" booking reference. I'm not sure if this will help in your case but that's how I ended up finding mine post migration. So YMMV.

Furthermore, I'm not sure if you're flying on any partner airlines, but I found that other airlines that are on Amadeus used that booking ref. So my "new" booking reference was the same booking reference as the one provided to me initially for the purposes of seat selection.
Old Jan 14, 20, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by emustyle View Post
This may or may not help but when I tried my "old" booking reference on AC's Manage my booking, it accepted it and told me my "new" booking reference. I'm not sure if this will help in your case but that's how I ended up finding mine post migration. So YMMV.

Furthermore, I'm not sure if you're flying on any partner airlines, but I found that other airlines that are on Amadeus used that booking ref. So my "new" booking reference was the same booking reference as the one provided to me initially for the purposes of seat selection.
Thanks for the advice. Tried the original reference numbers on the Air Canada site and got nothing but will give that another try. One segment (LA to SYD) is UAL so I will check there for that one.
Old Jan 14, 20, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by habb View Post
Thanks for the advice. Tried the original reference numbers on the Air Canada site and got nothing but will give that another try. One segment (LA to SYD) is UAL so I will check there for that one.
You can also try on aeroplan.com with the booking reference if it does not show up on the list of rewards.
Old Jan 14, 20, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

You can also try on aeroplan.com with the booking reference if it does not show up on the list of rewards.
Been there...done that, thanks.
Old Jan 14, 20, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Just tried the Aeroplan number & got a message that they are too busy to take calls & a hang-up.
Got the same message when I called Air Canada a while back. What's one to do?

We're sorry, your flight from Honolulu to Toronto has been cancelled.

It's not possible to change your flight online. If this flight was booked through Air Canada, please call Air Canada Reservations for assistance.

If this flight was booked through a travel agent, please contact them directly for assistance.

ORIGINAL FLIGHT
Monday April 6, 2020
11:25
Non-stop - 4hr28m4hours28minutes
18:53

Vancouver
Toronto

Old Jan 14, 20, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by habb View Post
Just tried the Aeroplan number & got a message that they are too busy to take calls & a hang-up.
Got the same message when I called Air Canada a while back. What's one to do?
Since the flight is not until April, there is no real rush. One would hope that the current mess might have improved well before. Just keep trying once in a while. Eventually, as the agents learn the new system, the call centers will go back to normal. Might be in February or March, but eh... And to be safe keep a record of your calls. On paper or in the computer.
Old Jan 15, 20, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Since the flight is not until April, there is no real rush. One would hope that the current mess might have improved well before. Just keep trying once in a while. Eventually, as the agents learn the new system, the call centers will go back to normal. Might be in February or March, but eh... And to be safe keep a record of your calls. On paper or in the computer.
Original flight to Australia is in February so I would like to have this cleared up before I leave as I will be cruising & access will be an issue after then.
Has this Aeroplan & Air Canada loop & hang-up been like this at all times since a month ago, when I first tried to call them?
Old Jan 15, 20, 8:24 am

What a sad state of affairs that we've come to accept such low expectations of what constitutes customer service.
Old Jan 15, 20, 8:51 am

Programs: AC*SE100K BA-S HH-D IHG-Amb
I received an email yesterday advising that a revenue booking has had an equipment swap on the YVR-YYZ segment (77L =>788). My seat was changed (for an equivalent but different seat) however I can no longer access my booking on-line.

We're sorry, your flight from Melbourne to Ottawa has been rescheduled.

It's not possible to change your flight online. If this flight was booked through Air Canada, please call Air Canada Reservations for assistance.

If this flight was booked through a travel agent, please contact them directly for assistance.
--
13F

Old Jan 15, 20, 8:56 am

Programs: TK*G, AC Aeroplan, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, Nexus/GE, Hertz #1 Gold
Every time I've had an aircraft swap since the Amadeus switch, my booking gets stuck and I can't manage it online. I'm just used to it now. I have to call in, and the agent clicks a few buttons to clean up the file. They way they explained it, is the system was looking for acceptance of the change before other options are lit up again. Except, we don't have the ability to do the acceptance online yet. It's annoying every time a flight time changes by 5 minutes, or one aircraft gets swapped for another, that I need to call to regain access.
Seat13F_AC_CRJ likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: