Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Itinerary Changes on Aeroplan ticket to Australia

Itinerary Changes on Aeroplan ticket to Australia

Old Jan 15, 2020, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by habb
Original flight to Australia is in February so I would like to have this cleared up before I leave as I will be cruising & access will be an issue after then.
Has this Aeroplan & Air Canada loop & hang-up been like this at all times since a month ago, when I first tried to call them?
One of my connecting flights in YUL was recently changed for an award booking in March and had to call in. I called into Aeroplan and had it changed with minimal difficulty. I think I was on hold for 45 minutes or so, I called in around 9 am EST. I had my original Aeroplan booking reference as well as the AC ref #'s for the agent.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Every time I've had an aircraft swap since the Amadeus switch, my booking gets stuck and I can't manage it online. I'm just used to it now. I have to call in, and the agent clicks a few buttons to clean up the file. They way they explained it, is the system was looking for acceptance of the change before other options are lit up again. Except, we don't have the ability to do the acceptance online yet. It's annoying every time a flight time changes by 5 minutes, or one aircraft gets swapped for another, that I need to call to regain access.
Who do you call? I get a loop & hang-up at Air Canada Reservations & the same at Aeroplan.
(Aeroplan was KIND enough to put me on hold twice but both times waited over 2 hours before finally hanging up myself.)
Old Jan 15, 2020, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Points Poppa
What a sad state of affairs that we've come to accept such low expectations of what constitutes customer service.
It's supposed to be temporary. At one point there is no alternative but dealing with reality. Still, make no mistake, AC must be losing quite a few bookings because of the mess. Just wait until the "market" (sic) figures it out...
Old Jan 15, 2020, 8:49 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by habb
Who do you call? I get a loop & hang-up at Air Canada Reservations & the same at Aeroplan.
(Aeroplan was KIND enough to put me on hold twice but both times waited over 2 hours before finally hanging up myself.)
I've been calling Air Canada, even for Aeroplan reservations. I've not waited that long. Longest was yesterday afternoon, it took me 45 minutes on hold. I just pick a time when I'm in my office without any meetings planned, put the phone on speakerphone, turn the hold music volume down, and go about my day until an agent picks up.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Every time I've had an aircraft swap since the Amadeus switch, my booking gets stuck and I can't manage it online. I'm just used to it now. I have to call in, and the agent clicks a few buttons to clean up the file. They way they explained it, is the system was looking for acceptance of the change before other options are lit up again. Except, we don't have the ability to do the acceptance online yet. It's annoying every time a flight time changes by 5 minutes, or one aircraft gets swapped for another, that I need to call to regain access.
2.5 hours on hold at the Aeroplan number this morning and, as you said, a few clicks by the agent & all cleaned up.....until of course there are any other even slight changes & then back to square one. SAD!!!
Continuing to accept low expectations like this lets them off the hook. If it were temporary I could deal with it but it's gone on for such a long time that maybe the media should be seeing what we are.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.