Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Contact to claim compensation after cancelled flight

Question: Contact to claim compensation after cancelled flight

Old Jan 12, 20, 1:17 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 61
Contact to claim compensation after cancelled flight

Hey,
Just sitting in the hotel after AC cancelled our flight due to a faulty flight computer. This is AC37 going from YVR to MEL(Jan 11). They've rebooked a new flight the next day at the same time.
The way I'm reading the new rules, since it's an issue under their control and the delay will be greater than 9 hrs, it should be $1000.

Ive never had a flight get cancelled like this before, so not quite sure how to proceed to ensure I don't get short changed.
Chingyul is offline  
Old Jan 12, 20, 1:33 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Halifax
Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Elite/Ambassador. NEXUS, National
Posts: 3,058
They will probably argue it's a safety thing and not due compensation.

Regardless, it would be the standard customer service line, after you land.
RangerNS is offline  
Old Jan 12, 20, 1:44 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: YVR
Programs: United Silver, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Posts: 351
Originally Posted by RangerNS View Post
They will probably argue it's a safety thing and not due compensation.

Regardless, it would be the standard customer service line, after you land.
That is also my understanding after reading the CTA rules. Mechanical issues are safety related so no compensation applies.

Also are you are sure the standard customer service line can offer any compensation? I was under the impression this could be done by email only?
eyeball1 is offline  
Old Jan 12, 20, 2:26 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Montreal
Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, BW Diamond
Posts: 240
You fill out the same form for any compensation claim on the website.

And +1 seems the Canadian compensation will not often be paid, I still have to see one person successfully claiming it here?
theBeachBoy is offline  
Old Jan 12, 20, 4:58 pm
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SFO
Programs: AC S100K, Accor Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 31,632
Originally Posted by theBeachBoy View Post
You fill out the same form for any compensation claim on the website.

And +1 seems the Canadian compensation will not often be paid, I still have to see one person successfully claiming it here?
If you're not going to bother reading all posts about the new compensation, then claiming you haven't seen one is a little disingenuous.

Read harder, and you'll see it has been paid out for claims within the guidelines.
Often1 and theBeachBoy like this.
canadiancow is online now  
Old Jan 12, 20, 6:16 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Montreal
Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, BW Diamond
Posts: 240
Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
If you're not going to bother reading all posts about the new compensation, then claiming you haven't seen one is a little disingenuous.

Read harder, and you'll see it has been paid out for claims within the guidelines.
I guess my memory failed or has been selective! And I'm really glad then if people got compensated under the new law.
Seems most posts are about not being compensated because it's always weather or safety related

I'll go back at reading more posts

Oh and I learned a new word today disingenuous", that one I need to remember."
theBeachBoy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: