Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 13, 2020, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
Updated by Dorian on March 17, 2020 - postponed indefinitely
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32198272-post226.html

Originally Posted by Dorian
Sadly the YVR 2020 Spring F'ing Epic Do is postponed indefinitely.

Stay safe and healthy everyone and see in the near future I hope!

Dorian
YVR F'ing Epic Do - Spring Do - April 18th, 2020

NOTE: There will be a C$40 deposit due prior to the event. This deposit will be returned on personal attendance at the event. Failure to attend forfeits your deposit.

Location: Brewhall - 97 E 2nd Ave, Vancouver, BC - private upstairs loft bar reserved
Time: 17:00 until who knows

Getting there by train from YVR or elsewhere: Canada Line to Yaletown or and then Aquabus to Olympic Village or Science Centre stop on Expo Line

Getting there by car: use Waze or Google Maps
Getting there by floatplane: fly to Vancouver Harbour, walk to Canada Line then follow train instructions, fly to YVR South Terminal, shuttle to Canada Line
Getting there by helicopter: get severely injured and arrive by Helijet at Vancouver General Hospital, taxi from there
Getting there by foot: use Google maps and your feet

Other: finger/party foods provided; option to order off main menu

I'm Totally F'ing in!
Dorian (host)
yyckerr
Nitehawk
yyznomad
Bohemian1 + 1 civilian
Chowtime
WaytoomuchEurope
Marchelli
King Chung Huang
canadiancow
canadiancalf
American Bovine
Adam Smith
nomadic.relief
chriscol1
keitherson
pewpew
kevflyer
canopus27
taupo
xanderz
lewis_m

Flying Standby
RCyyz
totti
SearsTower
marke190
Melville
songsc
yvr2zrh
D582
Argonaut1000
jrl767+1
expert7700
LockheedElectra
jugaadkabaap
zone1boarding
aviationp
11yearoldse100k
Grandbend
Ruthless
DrunkCargo

Regrets
YHZtraveller
painintheuk
jc94
YOWGary
Mrs. Smith
kirkwoodj
The Lev

Print Wikipost

YVR 2020 Spring F’ing Epic Do

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2020, 12:43 am

Programs: UA 1K
I'm in!!
Old Jan 23, 2020, 6:24 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Sounds great but unfortunately won't be able to make it.

I updated the wiki but I may have f'ed it up as despite just adding my name and clicking save clicking on click here to display full wiki just moves my browser up to top of the page.

Have fun everyone!
Old Jan 23, 2020, 6:43 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by jc94
I updated the wiki but I may have f'ed it up as despite just adding my name and clicking save clicking on click here to display full wiki just moves my browser up to top of the page.
I'm having the same on this and other threads. I think flyertalk is the one that's f'ed up.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jc94
Sounds great but unfortunately won't be able to make it.

Have fun everyone!
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
I'm having the same on this and other threads. I think flyertalk is the one that's f'ed up.
Yeah, something has been wrong with the wikis.

On another note, I will be booking my flights this weekend.
Anyone leaving the Sunday to YYZ?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 8:03 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by pewpew
Yeah I moved back ~1.5 years ago

Oh wow. Just shows how observant I am.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 10:03 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Sure. Actually, April 18 works well for me.
Is the 18th a done deal?
I can make that as I'll be in Richmond for volleyball provincials. An FT do will be a nice break away from screaming 17 & 18 yo girls.
Ken Hamer to bring some civility.

Last edited by tcook052; Jan 24, 2020 at 10:16 pm Reason: personal details
Old Jan 24, 2020, 10:10 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by taupo
Is the 18th a done deal?
Yes, it's in the wiki
Dorian likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 10:26 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Yes, it's in the wiki
Indeed, on my 3rd Yellow Dog, lightweight these days
Old Jan 24, 2020, 10:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I booked my return flight.

Hotel prices seem high.
Dorian likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 1:00 am

Programs: AC 50K
For those of you that are interested, Uber and Lyft are officially in operation in YVR. I only see a few cars, but we'll see if it's a viable transport option come April!!
Dorian, canadiancow and Adam Smith like this.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 7:46 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E75, WS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, GHA Plat, UA Silver, SQ Silver
Just saw the thread - sounds epic

Never attended a DO so i am unsure of what to expect. I regret skipping the YUL one (last year i guess) mainly because of the uncertainty of "how I will fit in with all these FT legends" lol.

Having said that, I might F'ing Fly in as its a good way to burn some miles before AE goes revenue redemptions. As canadiancow stated - hotel prices are a bit high and i miss 'corp code' days.

As of now 'Flying standby' but I am kinda sure I will move to the 'I'm Totally F'ing in' the moment i figure out hotel logistics.

Edit : Can someone edit the wiki for me pls, my current handle doesn't fit the eligibility criteria for wiki mods
Old Jan 25, 2020, 8:18 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Hotel prices seem high.
I had a look before the date was set, and prices looked a little high for most of the proposed dates, i.e. this particular weekend didn't seem significantly different at the time.

Originally Posted by marchelli
For those of you that are interested, Uber and Lyft are officially in operation in YVR.
About f'ing time!

Originally Posted by jugaadkabaap
Just saw the thread - sounds epic
F'ing epic

Never attended a DO so i am unsure of what to expect. I regret skipping the YUL one (last year i guess) mainly because of the uncertainty of "how I will fit in with all these FT legends" lol.
We're mostly a pretty nice bunch, so you should expect to have a good time and meet some interesting people

Edit : Can someone edit the wiki for me pls, my current handle doesn't fit the eligibility criteria for wiki mods
Done
Old Jan 25, 2020, 8:26 am

Programs: AC E75, WS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, GHA Plat, UA Silver, SQ Silver
Originally Posted by Adam Smith

F'ing epic

We're mostly a pretty nice bunch, so you should expect to have a good time and meet some interesting people

Done
Merci

Thank you for the reassurance. figuring out the hotel scene as we speak
Old Jan 25, 2020, 10:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I booked my return flight.

Hotel prices seem high.
did you not see my post about stayvancouverhotels.com? for the 18th, the sheraton wall center is $224 + tax - $100 visa prepaid. that's not bad for vancouver. this is the third year that i take advantage of this offer.

i reserved a marriott for february and the stay will count for status and get points. i don't know if this is the same for other chains but i have been told that it is.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by BenSenise
did you not see my post about stayvancouverhotels.com? for the 18th, the sheraton wall center is $224 + tax - $100 visa prepaid. that's not bad for vancouver. this is the third year that i take advantage of this offer.

i reserved a marriott for february and the stay will count for status and get points. i don't know if this is the same for other chains but i have been told that it is.
oh bummer ; I overlooked. I know stay Vancouver but never paid attention to it as it primarily in winter.

Will be a good option as I already have Marriott status; let me see if there are other properties

Edit : for non Marriott folks - the shangri la is a steal deal with 125 gift card on the same date

Thank you

Last edited by jugaadkabaap; Jan 25, 2020 at 10:20 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.