Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Connecting From Air Canada flight in Tokyo Narita to ANA Domestic Flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting From Air Canada flight in Tokyo Narita to ANA Domestic Flight

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2020, 10:03 am

Programs: *$ Green
Can you connect in HND via the AC*/NH flight? HND has a gazillion domestic flights per day to everywhere.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by visitor
Good point regarding making last train. I would recommend transferring at Shinagawa rather than Tokyo. Much easier and quicker. Download the HYPERDIA app, free to use for a month.
Thanks for the tip about Shinagawa! I've never transferred there before; I'll try it if I end up taking the train.

Last edited by Nagoya172; Jan 12, 2020 at 5:57 pm
Old Jan 14, 2020, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Today (January 14), AC 3 departed 30 minutes late, but is currently showing as being 80 minutes late in arriving. Goes without saying that my connection would be toast. How does a flight became that much later in arriving after it's already left??
Old Jan 14, 2020, 8:01 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by Nagoya172
Today (January 14), AC 3 departed 30 minutes late, but is currently showing as being 80 minutes late in arriving. Goes without saying that my connection would be toast. How does a flight became that much later in arriving after it's already left??
wind would be the technical reason, don’t dare guess what the Air Canada reason might be...
Old Jan 14, 2020, 8:49 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
According to EF, "GROUND HANDLING IMPAIRED BY ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS". Still getting used to the new-style comments post-Amadeus, but that could mean that the extra 50 minutes came after they closed the door (and the flight officially departed), but they had to sit at the gate due to lightning forcing ground staff indoors. Or it could mean a long wait for de-icing. Or something else along those lines.

But seriously, did you even read post #11 above?
Old Feb 28, 2020, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

I will be flying into Tokyo Narita on Air Canada 3 scheduled to arrive at 16:50. I will be connecting to the ANA flight to Nagoya leaving at 18:25. This leaves me with a connection time of 95 minutes. This doesn't seem like a long connection time to me. By how many minutes could my inbound AC 3 flight be delayed to still leave me with enough time to make my connecting flight to Nagoya? When I flew into NRT before, I would sometimes see airline staff standing at the gate with names of certain passengers or flights to certain destinations. Were these people to help arriving passengers make tight connections? I really want to get to Nagoya that night and don't want to have to stay overnight in NRT as the earliest ANA flight to Nagoya the next day doesn't leave until 15:55, causing me to lose an entire day in Nagoya.
My AC 3 flight was on-time; as a result, I made it to the gate for my NRT-NGO flight with an hour to spare. When I was walking down to the gates, I could see staff walking around with signs for flights that were almost about to close boarding (in addition to the verbal announcements over the PA system). In Japan, they really make an extra effort to round up all the passengers.
Nitehawk likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
My AC 3 flight was on-time; as a result, I made it to the gate for my NRT-NGO flight with an hour to spare. When I was walking down to the gates, I could see staff walking around with signs for flights that were almost about to close boarding (in addition to the verbal announcements over the PA system). In Japan, they really make an extra effort to round up all the passengers.
Thats amazing considering your flight (AC3) has a 40% on time performance!
Narita is weird, the domestic lounge (aka the arrivals lounge) is just before security, and its quite bare bones, but great showers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.