4. ST - Super Elite 2+ MM
5. SM - Super Elite 1 MM
6. SE - Super Elite
7. Everyone else
Print Wikipost

Meal Priority on AC (2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2023, 5:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by chris-price
Update (if anyone's not done this before): I asked to have my main meal before landing when the menus were distributed and the FA said to mention it when taking orders, which I did, and it worked fine. Eating earlier in the SS and bedding down as soon as possible after take-off gave me the best TATL sleep I've ever had.
Ovens are rarely (if ever) turned on before the aircraft leaves the gate. Meal orders whenever possible are taken on the ground.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 5:36 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by Stranger
You sure the AC policy applies to Rouge though?
I am.
TheViperOne likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 3:28 pm

Programs: AC SE, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Priority Club Gold
I discovered today that SE is the only priority status. I have found, at least on the longer NA routes they do tend to work their way down the status tree (I say this because I worked my way up the status tree last year for the first time since 2018)... Anyway, discovered on the flight that E50K/MM doesn't officially matter (even if many FAs do still use it). Chicken it is tonight.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 3:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lynchpin_yyz
I discovered today that SE is the only priority status. I have found, at least on the longer NA routes they do tend to work their way down the status tree (I say this because I worked my way up the status tree last year for the first time since 2018)... Anyway, discovered on the flight that E50K/MM doesn't officially matter (even if many FAs do still use it). Chicken it is tonight.
Could have just read the wiki

But yes, I've had priority as 35K. I've certainly seen non-SE MMs get priority recently. But the official priority has been posted and is in the wiki (though it probably could use a bit of an update to reflect XT/XM/ST/SM).
Old Aug 31, 2023, 2:17 am

Programs: AC SE, Star Alliance Gold
The consensus in the thread I believe is that there is no priority for those below SE. However flying PY from EDI-YYZ just now, the FA approached me not long after boarding, still at the gate, and addressed me by name, while looking at a seat chart of PY with only three passengers of 20 indicated by name. She asked for my meal preference and noted it on the paper. Maybe 5-10 minutes later she came through the cabin to ask for meal preferences from everybody else (I assume the two other people on the seat chart were asked individually ahead of time, but I didn’t witness that).

I’m 50k flying on e-upped latitude fare. I’m guessing it’s the AC status but don’t know if this is a one off by an enterprising FA or indicates some kind of policy change. Didn’t notice anything flying the opposite direction in J a few days ago.
Seat13F_AC_CRJ likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2023, 8:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Yeah, I also had some similar experiences before SE. It may depend on the specific SDs.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 3:41 am

Programs: AC SE, Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by Changeup2000
Yeah, I also had some similar experiences before SE. It may depend on the specific SDs.
yes, I managed to catch the FA before leaving the plane and asked her about it, and she said since there were no SEs in PY, she just decided to take advance meal orders from everyone with status, before the non-status flyers.

One could argue this deviation from policy is bad because it sets up expectations for the future that will mostly go unfulfilled, but to me it's the opposite, it's nice to see an AC FA take the initiative to recognise/reward status holders. Moreover sometimes that is most effective when it seems the result of an individual's choicer rather than a corporate policy.
billdokes and vancouver25k like this.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 6:23 am

I've also had this happen once or twice in PY. It's a nice touch.

Originally Posted by flyingcrooked
yes, I managed to catch the FA before leaving the plane and asked her about it, and she said since there were no SEs in PY, she just decided to take advance meal orders from everyone with status, before the non-status flyers.

One could argue this deviation from policy is bad because it sets up expectations for the future that will mostly go unfulfilled, but to me it's the opposite, it's nice to see an AC FA take the initiative to recognise/reward status holders. Moreover sometimes that is most effective when it seems the result of an individual's choicer rather than a corporate policy.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 9:37 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by arno3220
I've also had this happen once or twice in PY. It's a nice touch.
Same for me. Twice in PY.
flyingcrooked likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 10:02 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
I've also had the FA come to me in PY, address me by name, ask me for me choice and then say oops, we only have the chicken left. A for effort, F for result.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
But you're SE...
Seat13F_AC_CRJ likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 2:57 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by 172pilot
I've also had the FA come to me in PY, address me by name, ask me for me choice and then say oops, we only have the chicken left. A for effort, F for result.
Flew Y+ (nothing remotely premium about AC's middle cabin) ATH to YUL this week.
Meal order was taken in turn with everyone else.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by taupo
Flew Y+ (nothing remotely premium about AC's middle cabin) ATH to YUL this week.
Meal order was taken in turn with everyone else.
Did you get your first choice?

If you got your first choice, there isn't much to infer.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 4:27 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Did you get your first choice?
I didn’t, but was fine with the pasta as opposed to chicken and didn’t feel the need to DYKWIA the FA and potentially upset another pax of their choice was taken away
Old Sep 1, 2023, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by taupo
I didn’t, but was fine with the pasta as opposed to chicken and didn’t feel the need to DYKWIA the FA and potentially upset another pax of their choice was taken away
Ugh.

I actually don't know the policy in PY, since I've only flown it once. But I definitely got priority there.

I'm well past the point of caring about upsetting the FA or another pax in J though. If I'm expecting a meal (I often just decline altogether), and they tell me there's none left of the one I want, I usually ask "is my status on your list?"

I eat far too many AC J meals to suffer through something I really don't want.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.