Baggage during long layover HND

Old Jan 7, 20, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG-G Aeroplan Status Pending
Baggage during long layover HND

Traveling YEG-YVR-HND-MNL in a couple of days.

First flight will be AC then ANA but with a 15 hour layover in Haneda.

Will I be able to collect my bags in Haneda, or will they be checked to Manila? I would like to collect them as we will be staying in the airport hotel for the night.

I've read different answers to the same question in different forums, seems to de dependent on the rules of the first airline and what they consider to be a "long layover".
Old Jan 7, 20, 3:59 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Since this is an overnight layover you should to request short check to HND only and they should accommodate.
Old Jan 7, 20, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, that's what I'm hoping.
Old Jan 7, 20, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by SurveyHand View Post
Traveling YEG-YVR-HND-MNL in a couple of days.

First flight will be AC then ANA but with a 15 hour layover in Haneda.

Will I be able to collect my bags in Haneda, or will they be checked to Manila? I would like to collect them as we will be staying in the airport hotel for the night.

I've read different answers to the same question in different forums, seems to de dependent on the rules of the first airline and what they consider to be a "long layover".
i was asked at the AC counter if i want to check my bags all the way to taipei SHA or to Haneda HND. (i couldn't check in online nor at the airport kiosk) I had an overnight layover too, flew from east coast to YVR. AC-ANA-ANA to taipei. I did ask to check my bag to HND only and recheck the bag the next day
Old Jan 7, 20, 11:44 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Keep in mind that when staying at airside hotels, you may not be able to reclaim baggage as the hotel itself is located in the international departure zone of the airport which cannot be re-entered without a same day boarding pass. You didn't mention which hotel you plan to stay at but HND has both landside and airside in-terminal hotels IIRC.
Old Jan 9, 20, 9:03 am
Original Poster

We'll be in the Royal Park Hotel.

I checked in online yesterday and AC only checked us in and printed boarding cards as far as HND so we'll be collecting our bags.
Old Jan 9, 20, 9:10 am

Programs: AC SE100, Bonvoy Platinum Elite
We'll be in the Royal Park Hotel.

I checked in online yesterday and AC only checked us in and printed boarding cards as far as HND so we'll be collecting our bags.
I am doing the same thing on Sunday. Good to know.
Old Jan 9, 20, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Follow up

I just checked in at YEG and was told that the system would not allow the agent to short check my bags.

Here's hoping I see them in Manilla.

Of course YMMV.
Old Jan 9, 20, 12:51 pm

Programs: Air Canada 25K (AC*S) and a bunch of other travel programs with no status
I just checked in at YEG and was told that the system would not allow the agent to short check my bags.

Here's hoping I see them in Manilla.

Of course YMMV.
Maybe you could ask them to offload when you land in HND? Probably 1 in 2 chance. Hopefully you packed your carry on accordingly

Search this Thread
Search Engine: