Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

9,000 AQM just vanished from 2019 and am now bellow 50K

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

9,000 AQM just vanished from 2019 and am now bellow 50K

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2020, 11:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
I don't. Based on this post, you monitor your account enough to know when a flight doesn't post, but not enough to see a flight double post?
From reading that message, the double posting looks like to be on that exact flight where he claimed and called 13 times to get it posted.
Then I guess it got posted twice but OP never noticed? I would love to hear that on a lie detector

TAP seems to have a hard time linking with AC as I also had a segment not posting, claimed it and they said it was already credited which is not true, but I didn't push further as I was already SE qualified
canadiancow and royal757 like this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 50K, *A Gold
I am surprised to see more people here are in the train of thought that I have more malicious intents than reaching out for help regarding my options and if anyone ever had a similar situation. Oh well, if I could restate, i did not notice the double posting, and I was simply asking for help regarding options and how to reach out to AC.

Meanwhile I reached out to the buy-up offer team and they are looking into this. If the offer is again available I'll go ahead and purchase it as I feel there is a big difference between 35k and 50k given I do a lot of int'l travel on various *A carriers.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 12:26 pm

Programs: aeroplan
I sympathize with the situation. But we all know what happened.. OP tried his luck, but didn't work.....and missed his window to upgrade.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 3:20 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Originally Posted by magic18
I sympathize with the situation. But we all know what happened.. OP tried his luck, but didn't work.....and missed his window to upgrade.
Um...who is "WE ALL"
I for one sympathize with the OP & take him at his word & I'm assuming most FTers do as well...
Stranger, OttawaMark and 5Miles like this.

Last edited by james dean; Jan 6, 2020 at 3:25 pm
Old Jan 6, 2020, 3:24 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Originally Posted by royal757
I am surprised to see more people here are in the train of thought that I have more malicious intents than reaching out for help regarding my options and if anyone ever had a similar situation. Oh well, if I could restate, i did not notice the double posting, and I was simply asking for help regarding options and how to reach out to AC.

Meanwhile I reached out to the buy-up offer team and they are looking into this. If the offer is again available I'll go ahead and purchase it as I feel there is a big difference between 35k and 50k given I do a lot of int'l travel on various *A carriers.
50K is definitely worth fighting for: *A lounge access is a big one
I think your chances are good to get the buy-up since it was their error which led you to believe you had met the 50K target & not everyone checks their Altitude page religiously to spot anomaly's
5Miles likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 5:15 pm

Programs: AC SE100k
I sympathize with the OP. Quite bad luck. I’ve had several airlines over the years (incl. AC, BA, AA, IB) erroneously credit a flight multiple times and never have had the errors reversed. It works both ways too: I’ve had these same airlines neglect to credit flights I’ve flown, and the hassle factor (especially with partner airlines and having to send in boarding passes) and/or life being busy prevented me from retroactively claiming them within the time limits.
5Miles likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
I am surprised to see more people here are in the train of thought that I have more malicious intents than reaching out for help regarding my options and if anyone ever had a similar situation.
You can't really blame those people.

FWIW - we are not talking about a relative short segment, like YVR-SEA. We are talking about a segment that can go as far as YYZ-HKG. Even considering everything in your favor, the fact is simple - you did not travel enough.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
You must be new here.
It's always your fault! It just has to be. No other way to look at it.

(On a serious note though... I feel bad for you... your OP prompted me to check my account!)
Stranger and 5Miles like this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
You must be new here.
It's always your fault! It just has to be. No other way to look at it.
...or their mistake my fault Lol
Old Jan 6, 2020, 7:23 pm

Programs: aeroplan
Originally Posted by james dean
Um...who is "WE ALL"
I for one sympathize with the OP & take him at his word & I'm assuming most FTers do as well...
Read the whole thread and you will figure it out...
Old Jan 6, 2020, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I notice TAP flights post separately for base miles and for the COS bonus miles. This can be confusing. Just curious what class of service OP flew and how many base and COS postings originally showed up? I did a TAP business class flight last summer and it posted twice for the trans Atlantic segment (3,567), and twice for the intra European segment (1,022). When I first saw these entries in my account I thought the flights had posted twice before I noticed the actual mileage and the COS of 200%.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 7:32 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
I sympathize but I still don’t feel OP deserves E50k. Any more than the other 99.99% of people on the planet who didn’t actually fly 50k deserve it.

My belief for 20 years now: if you want status fly the miles. BIS. Or buy J. End of story. I don’t think AC should sell status either.

And no I don’t believe the poster didn’t notice the double post.

Last edited by ridefar; Jan 6, 2020 at 7:54 pm
Old Jan 6, 2020, 7:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Shareholder
I notice TAP flights post separately for base miles and for the COS bonus miles. This can be confusing. Just curious what class of service OP flew and how many base and COS postings originally showed up? I did a TAP business class flight last summer and it posted twice for the trans Atlantic segment (3,567), and twice for the intra European segment (1,022). When I first saw these entries in my account I thought the flights had posted twice before I noticed the actual mileage and the COS of 200%.
Every airline posts that way to Altitude.
WaytoomuchEurope likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 8:31 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
He beat me to it. Then there's a 3rd entry for AQD.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by magic18
Read the whole thread and you will figure it out...
"group think" doesn't exist here at FT opinions span the full spectrum..

Last edited by james dean; Jan 7, 2020 at 8:22 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.