2020 Altitude Package Arrived

Old Jan 7, 20, 4:37 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club
Originally Posted by tomvancouver View Post
in my drawer of (potentially) useful things saved from flying (odd currency, boarding cards until I've received the credit, my last card from when I was SE etc) I have: 6 shiny wired ones, 2 clear plastic, 2 black plastic and 2 red ones, which I will now cherish!
You can string the wires together and provision a pretty robust Weinstein prison cell device... onboard. The red ones can be positioned for effect. I remember thinking this when the MLLs had boxes of them at the counter, Get in to an argument in the MLL, impulsively settle the argument midair. I always eyed pax who grabbed handfuls of these when they were "free"...

I suppose the metal cutlery in the MLL is just as useful, however the wires were intended to be given away... cutlery, not so much. Assuming there is cutlery in the MLL? I usually only use the cylindrical conveyance devices... glad the threat is gone now... the cylinders are harmless.
Old Jan 7, 20, 6:26 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo View Post
You can string the wires together and provision a pretty robust Weinstein prison cell device... onboard. The red ones can be positioned for effect. I remember thinking this when the MLLs had boxes of them at the counter, Get in to an argument in the MLL, impulsively settle the argument midair. I always eyed pax who grabbed handfuls of these when they were "free"...

I suppose the metal cutlery in the MLL is just as useful, however the wires were intended to be given away... cutlery, not so much. Assuming there is cutlery in the MLL? I usually only use the cylindrical conveyance devices... glad the threat is gone now... the cylinders are harmless.
This past weekend I strung together the wires I got since the red wire days. I have a lot of those, as I went through nearly all status levels in one of the years in three weeks and gifted status to my wife. Since she used the thicker wires I had for luggage tags, I took her E50K wires, too.

I am thinking of making my own customized tags this year. My surname is a common one, so I want something that is uniquely identifiable instead of my initial then surname.
Old Jan 8, 20, 8:15 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS, HH Diamond
I'm looking forward to getting some status back after about an 8 year hiatus. I only qualified for 35k for 2020, and sadly not before the early recognition cutoff. but with the travel I have booked I should be around 75k.
Yhztraveller likes this.
Old Jan 8, 20, 8:52 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by Thorrism View Post
I'm looking forward to getting some status back after about an 8 year hiatus. I only qualified for 35k for 2020, and sadly not before the early recognition cutoff. but with the travel I have booked I should be around 75k.
Welcome back..... and welcome to FT!
Thorrism likes this.
Old Jan 10, 20, 7:28 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Received my 2020 package in YOW yesterday.

Mrs Plumber has not yet received her E50K package.
Old Jan 10, 20, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE MM, SD Gold, SPG Gold
Is the dedicated Concierge line disappearing?

Just realized that my SE package did not contain the separate card listing the Concierge contact information. I wonder whether the numbers are staying the same or whether we will now be expected to just call the reservations number and they will put people through to a Concierge only when necessary.

I tried calling the current Concierge 833 number yesterday and it was answered by somebody from the SE desk who after listening to my issue put me through to a Concierge. Perhaps it is just coincidence or all the Concierges were busy when I called so it now overflows to reservations.
Old Jan 10, 20, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by The Lev View Post
Just realized that my SE package did not contain the separate card listing the Concierge contact information. I wonder whether the numbers are staying the same or whether we will now be expected to just call the reservations number and they will put people through to a Concierge only when necessary.

I tried calling the current Concierge 833 number yesterday and it was answered by somebody from the SE desk who after listening to my issue put me through to a Concierge. Perhaps it is just coincidence or all the Concierges were busy when I called so it now overflows to reservations.
In all honesty, since the central line call centre moved to YUL, the quality has gone down significantly to the point I no longer call them unless it's for urgent connections. For anything that is not urgent (3 to 24 hours), I emailed the local Concierge stations.

For SDC, I call the central Concierge line while on my way to the airport, or I deal with ticketing when at the airport.

Air Canada has shown a perfect example of how to destroy a valued product/service.
Old Jan 10, 20, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

@The Lev

Re the card with the contact numbers..... discussed upthread starting with post 24 and a few replies following it

Originally Posted by jeffypop75 View Post
There was no concierge card in my package. Not sure if this was intentional or a mistake. I usually take this time to update the contact in my phone since the number changes yearly. The number in Priority Contacts on the Altitude site is still last year's. I'm going to need to set a reminder to check again March 1. They should have at least included a note to check the site, for those that might not know the info is there.
The Lev likes this.
Old Jan 10, 20, 8:52 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Anyone in YVR receive their SE package yet?
Old Jan 10, 20, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit, HH Diamond, Hyatt Glob, Accor Gold, UA Silver

I don't know what 833 number you're talking about, but there's no 833 in the 2019 concierge number.
Old Jan 10, 20, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
I don't know what 833 number you're talking about, but there's no 833 in the 2019 concierge number.
The SE desk number is 833-

I assume you haven't received your package?
Old Jan 10, 20, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit, HH Diamond, Hyatt Glob, Accor Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by YYT82 View Post

I thought there was no concierge number in the 2020 package?
Old Jan 10, 20, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
I thought there was no concierge number in the 2020 package?
That's correct. The Lev called the SE desk, which he thought was the Concierge number. It's not a surprise that he got connected to the SE desk.
Old Jan 10, 20, 11:54 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by YYT82 View Post

So 2020 is 833?

I just called and it was 888- numberprovided by the SE concierge... So the concierge doesn't have 833 number??

I don't have any
Old Jan 10, 20, 3:18 pm

Apparently there is a reading comprehension issue on this forum.

In the 2020 SE package, only the SE desk numbers were provided, and the one for Canada and US begins with 833.

There is no card for the Concierge number in the 2020 SE package.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: