Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2020 Altitude Package Arrived

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2020, 11:56 am

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
I've never really used the tags, but those sound interesting. I will have to hunt down a photo of what these looked like.
Sorry it was 2016 and 2017 that had those tags!
Old Jan 5, 2020, 1:17 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K & 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by 24left
I wonder if SE MM is higher status for mailing.
On the back side of the letter, in very tiny print, is a series of 9 numbers/3 numbers.
Directly beneath are the letters ESE1MM
This SEMM hasn't received his package yet...
Old Jan 5, 2020, 2:00 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Smandola
This SEMM hasn't received his package yet...
The wild card might be the delivery service, in some cases Canada Post or USPS etc. If packages were mailed from the Centre of the Universe, it may take a while depending on how the planets are lined up.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 9:03 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE100KMM, IHG Spire
No package yet but as last year it didn't arrive until late February I'm not holding my breath for a quick delivery this year.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 8:23 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
No package yet in YOW.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 1:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Originally Posted by codfather
I use the red wire from 2015 (I think?) to attach my FT tag to my bag.

On a side note, I wish they brought back the Altitude tags with the lovely maple leaves all over them! That was a great year for good looking brag tags...
I made the mistake of using the maple leaf tag on my checked bag when flying KL a few years ago. Some bozo folded it in half.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 2:07 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by yyztozag
I made the mistake of using the maple leaf tag on my checked bag when flying KL a few years ago. Some bozo folded it in half.
That takes talent. And some real effort.

When I was still using the AC tags, it didn't take long for them to get bent by the overhead bin doors getting shut on them.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 3:30 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by 24left
The wild card might be the delivery service, in some cases Canada Post or USPS etc. If packages were mailed from the Centre of the Universe, it may take a while depending on how the planets are lined up.
I am in the centre of the universe and have not received my package.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 7:17 pm

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
2020 package received today 06JAN.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by WoodlandCreature
My package arrived today. Without warning or permission, Air Canada has restyled my name on the new baggage tags. Instead of being "Dr Woodland Creature", I am suddenly just "W. Creature", a style that I never use. (is such a common surname that I always spell out my unusual first name.)
AC has effectively made the bag tags useless other than as a status symbol (literally and figuratively). A few years ago the tags had my name and address on them so that if my bag ever got lost someone would know where to forward them. Last year it got reduced to Mr. The Lev and for this year it is T. Lev.

If someone called AC to say we've found a bag label J. Smith, how on earth would AC go about tracking down who that person is?

We now need bag tags and address tags or just bin these stupid status tags.
WoodlandCreature likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 7:34 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club - Demoted to Bronze and re-promoted to Silver alongside AC Elite 50K (gold) in 2022
Whilst the UK is not the centre of the universe - I have just received my November UK bank statement. With the Canada Post strike, they started the holiday season with a backlog and around 10% more mail / packages this year. (from memory) They are still clearing the backlog though it's definitely random and selective what has been delayed.
I noticed promotion from 35k to 50k on my daily check of my aeroplan account summary on my phone last month and got the email later that day. It allowed me to experience the cafe for the first time In mid December. I liked the concept, underwhelmed a bit by the food choice but loved the coffee and fresh juice. (am I right in saying no kids?)

Personally, I'd be happy to pick up my pack at the airport. I realise throwing them in the mail and waiting for the miracle of Canada Post to happen is the easiest for AC. Picking up at the lounge reception from your home airport, or even better have the Cabin Manager hand it to you - now that is class!! You know, fanfare - on a silver platter and a round of applause. Especially in the winter months - de-icing would flash by!! (ok - flawed for YVR based PAX I accept!!)

I still have passes from last year, plus e- upgrades I'm saving for that BIG flight, and so other than flirting my 50k baggage tag in the zone 2 queue - I'm not losing sleep about the tag i'm displaying - after all, its not about the size or colour of the tag - its what you do with it!!!!
Old Jan 6, 2020, 9:38 pm

Programs: Air Asia, Nok, Skymiles, Infinity Miles, Aeroplan, Hilton Honor, Accor, Regal
Originally Posted by The Lev
AC has effectively made the bag tags useless other than as a status symbol (literally and figuratively). A few years ago the tags had my name and address on them so that if my bag ever got lost someone would know where to forward them. Last year it got reduced to Mr. The Lev and for this year it is T. Lev.

If someone called AC to say we've found a bag label J. Smith, how on earth would AC go about tracking down who that person is?

My experience has been that I am given the option of just showing name or full address. It's in your profile I believe.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 9:41 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by The Lev

Phew, at least A. Smith is ok!
Old Jan 6, 2020, 9:43 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Gaikhao
My experience has been that I am given the option of just showing name or full address. It's in your profile I believe.
I never changed my profile info but AC clearly changed how my name appears on the bag tags. Maybe this is part of AC's strategy to be gender-neutral, at least on bag tags because I can't see why it would change when no one asked me if I wanted it changed.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 10:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Gaikhao
Not for a year or two.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.