2020 Altitude Package Arrived

Old Jan 3, 20, 8:00 pm
  #31  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (Wave as you fly over)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Posts: 3,808
Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
24left and I both have a concierge number card from 2019. It may not have 15 numbers, but it's a card...with the concierge number
Moi aussi.
canadiancow likes this.
Bohemian1 is online now  
Old Jan 3, 20, 8:12 pm
  #32  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: YYT/YYC/TPE
Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Posts: 1,791
I have decided to keep displaying my 2019 SE tag, along with the red wire from years ago.
YYT82 is offline  
Old Jan 3, 20, 8:40 pm
  #33  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: YYC
Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hertz 5*
Posts: 552
Originally Posted by YYT82 View Post
I have decided to keep displaying my 2019 SE tag, along with the red wire from years ago.
I still use my red wire too. That was a good wire year.

Leather strap. Bad wire year.
yyckerr is offline  
Old Jan 3, 20, 9:19 pm
  #34  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: YYZ
Programs: AC*S100K ACMM / HH Diamond
Posts: 2,332
Originally Posted by yyckerr View Post
I still use my red wire too. That was a good wire year.

Leather strap. Bad wire year.
I actually preferred the leather straps ... they didn't rip through the plastic cards as quickly.
canopus27 is offline  
Old Jan 3, 20, 10:16 pm
  #35  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Victoria
Programs: AC SEMM, Nexus
Posts: 258
2006 elite card with the clear non wire still going strong
Aspan is offline  
Old Jan 3, 20, 10:49 pm
  #36  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: YYC
Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hertz 5*
Posts: 552
Originally Posted by canopus27 View Post
I actually preferred the leather straps ... they didn't rip through the plastic cards as quickly.
You’re right. The cards just ripped through them.
yyckerr is offline  
Old Jan 4, 20, 2:55 pm
  #37  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: YYT
Programs: AC 50K, WS Rewards, DL SkyMiles, UA MP, Priority Pass, AMEX MR, NEXUS, H-Honors Silver, M-Bonvoy
Posts: 1,375
Originally Posted by MaxFlying View Post
If your trip is prior to March 1, drop me a PM and I will mail you a couple. I seem to have 13 still.
Thank you so much for the offer! One of my friends here in St. John's gave me some of hers so I am good, but thanks again!
codfather is offline  
Old Jan 4, 20, 2:57 pm
  #38  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: YYT
Programs: AC 50K, WS Rewards, DL SkyMiles, UA MP, Priority Pass, AMEX MR, NEXUS, H-Honors Silver, M-Bonvoy
Posts: 1,375
Originally Posted by YYT82 View Post
I have decided to keep displaying my 2019 SE tag, along with the red wire from years ago.
The red wire is a subtle way of saying I am an FTer as we are the only ones who would notice that

It is also a bit of a flex...
codfather is offline  
Old Jan 4, 20, 4:25 pm
  #39  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: YVR
Programs: Ice Cream Club
Posts: 2,731
Originally Posted by yyckerr View Post
I still use my red wire too. That was a good wire year.

Leather strap. Bad wire year.
I didn't get a red wire... had a weird blackhole in SE status that year. You're wise to pull the glue off the cards and backing paper quickly... I just noticed the glue gets really sticky after years of being untouched. Not sure why I keep stuff that I obviously didn't need back when it was valid.

Cosmetic or not, I prefer it when the new bag tags are significantly redesigned from prior years... even though I don't personally use mine.
DrunkCargo is offline  
Old Jan 4, 20, 6:58 pm
  #40  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Programs: AC50 MM
Posts: 827
in my drawer of (potentially) useful things saved from flying (odd currency, boarding cards until I've received the credit, my last card from when I was SE etc) I have: 6 shiny wired ones, 2 clear plastic, 2 black plastic and 2 red ones, which I will now cherish!
tomvancouver is offline  
Old Jan 4, 20, 7:08 pm
  #41  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 371
Originally Posted by codfather View Post
Thank you so much for the offer! One of my friends here in St. John's gave me some of hers so I am good, but thanks again!
Cool, If anyone else can use some passes let me know. Exp end of Feb. I have previously given these out to random people in YYZ, but no domestic travel planned in Jan/Feb.
MaxFlying is offline  
Old Jan 5, 20, 5:41 am
  #42  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Programs: Aeroplan
Posts: 36
I am 35K this year. When will I receive notice to select my benefits. I have looked on the website and I cannot see any notices to do so..
AMJP is offline  
Old Jan 5, 20, 8:36 am
  #43  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 275
Originally Posted by AMJP View Post
I am 35K this year. When will I receive notice to select my benefits. I have looked on the website and I cannot see any notices to do so..
There are sweeps every couple of weeks. It will be sometime between now and March 1. You should receive an email when it's time to select benefits and there will be a notification to do so when logged in on the Altitude site as well.
musicmtl is offline  
Old Jan 5, 20, 9:16 am
  #44  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: YYT
Programs: AC 50K, WS Rewards, DL SkyMiles, UA MP, Priority Pass, AMEX MR, NEXUS, H-Honors Silver, M-Bonvoy
Posts: 1,375
Originally Posted by tomvancouver View Post
in my drawer of (potentially) useful things saved from flying (odd currency, boarding cards until I've received the credit, my last card from when I was SE etc) I have: 6 shiny wired ones, 2 clear plastic, 2 black plastic and 2 red ones, which I will now cherish!
I use the red wire from 2015 (I think?) to attach my FT tag to my bag.

On a side note, I wish they brought back the Altitude tags with the lovely maple leaves all over them! That was a great year for good looking brag tags...
codfather is offline  
Old Jan 5, 20, 11:24 am
  #45  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (Wave as you fly over)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Posts: 3,808
Originally Posted by codfather View Post
On a side note, I wish they brought back the Altitude tags with the lovely maple leaves all over them! That was a great year for good looking brag tags...
I've never really used the tags, but those sound interesting. I will have to hunt down a photo of what these looked like.
Bohemian1 is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: