2020 Altitude Package Arrived

Old Jan 3, 20, 8:05 am
  #16  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: YYT
Programs: AC 50K, WS Rewards, DL SkyMiles, UA MP, Priority Pass, AMEX MR, NEXUS, H-Honors Silver, M-Bonvoy
Posts: 1,375
No package for me yet, but I am only a P25K so I don't expect them to be racing to get it mailed to me.
codfather is offline  
Old Jan 3, 20, 8:49 am
  #17  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 275
Originally Posted by codfather View Post
No package for me yet, but I am only a P25K so I don't expect them to be racing to get it mailed to me.
What's in a 25k package, a letter and a couple of lounge passes? I don't think there is a card or luggage tags, unless that has changed?
musicmtl is offline  
Old Jan 3, 20, 9:39 am
  #18  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: YYT
Programs: AC 50K, WS Rewards, DL SkyMiles, UA MP, Priority Pass, AMEX MR, NEXUS, H-Honors Silver, M-Bonvoy
Posts: 1,375
Originally Posted by musicmtl View Post
What's in a 25k package, a letter and a couple of lounge passes? I don't think there is a card or luggage tags, unless that has changed?
Just lounge passes, but I was hoping to have them for an upcoming trip!
musicmtl likes this.
codfather is offline  
Old Jan 3, 20, 9:45 am
  #19  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 371
Originally Posted by codfather View Post
Just lounge passes, but I was hoping to have them for an upcoming trip!
If your trip is prior to March 1, drop me a PM and I will mail you a couple. I seem to have 13 still.
musicmtl likes this.
MaxFlying is offline  
Old Jan 3, 20, 2:11 pm
  #20  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 275
Originally Posted by codfather View Post
Just lounge passes, but I was hoping to have them for an upcoming trip!
Understandable! I'll unfortunately be at 25k for this year (down from 35k), so am not looking forward to March 1. Lol
musicmtl is offline  
Old Jan 3, 20, 2:38 pm
  #21  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: YYC
Posts: 22,471
Originally Posted by 24left View Post
The letter from Mark Nasr is longer and had more content compared to last year.

.


But in previous years the letter was not from him but from Ben Smith for SEs.
Stranger is offline  
Old Jan 3, 20, 2:48 pm
  #22  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto
Programs: AC MM, SE100K
Posts: 169
My package arrived today. Without warning or permission, Air Canada has restyled my name on the new baggage tags. Instead of being "Dr Woodland Creature", I am suddenly just "W. Creature", a style that I never use. (Creature is such a common surname that I always spell out my unusual first name.)
WoodlandCreature is offline  
Old Jan 3, 20, 2:56 pm
  #23  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Posts: 17,831
Originally Posted by WoodlandCreature View Post
My package arrived today. Without warning or permission, Air Canada has restyled my name on the new baggage tags. Instead of being "Dr Woodland Creature", I am suddenly just "W. Creature", a style that I never use. (Creature is such a common surname that I always spell out my unusual first name.)
Indeed.
Yesterday, when I was trying to remove the glue on the tags, I also noticed the "cost savings" AC managed when my name was displayed with Initial of First Name. Last Name.
But "W. Creature" is so much more amusing than "2. Left"
.
painintheuk likes this.
24left is offline  
Old Jan 3, 20, 4:23 pm
  #24  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YYZ
Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, Avis Preferred Plus
Posts: 162
There was no concierge card in my package. Not sure if this was intentional or a mistake. I usually take this time to update the contact in my phone since the number changes yearly. The number in Priority Contacts on the Altitude site is still last year's. I'm going to need to set a reminder to check again March 1. They should have at least included a note to check the site, for those that might not know the info is there.
jeffypop75 is offline  
Old Jan 3, 20, 4:59 pm
  #25  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Posts: 17,831
Originally Posted by jeffypop75 View Post
There was no concierge card in my package. Not sure if this was intentional or a mistake. I usually take this time to update the contact in my phone since the number changes yearly. The number in Priority Contacts on the Altitude site is still last year's. I'm going to need to set a reminder to check again March 1. They should have at least included a note to check the site, for those that might not know the info is there.
None in mine. I assumed it was AC reminding us that:
1. plastic costs money
and
2. on March 1, the new numbers for everyone will be available on the Altitude site once logged in.
Bohemian1 likes this.
24left is offline  
Old Jan 3, 20, 6:28 pm
  #26  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: YVR
Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Posts: 31,259
Concierge cards stopped being shipped out with packages when they went to the central number at least 2+ years ago.

You can still find your numbers on the back of your membership card (the horizontal one).

Unless the above posters are saying that we no longer get the horizontal membership card...

The concierge numbers card and the horizontal membership card (with priority phone numbers on the back) are two different/distinct things.
yyznomad is offline  
Old Jan 3, 20, 6:38 pm
  #27  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: YYZ
Programs: AC*S100K ACMM / HH Diamond
Posts: 2,332
Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
Concierge cards stopped being shipped out with packages when they went to the central number at least 2+ years ago.

You can still find your numbers on the back of your membership card (the horizontal one).

Unless the above posters are saying that we no longer get the horizontal membership card...

The concierge numbers card and the horizontal membership card (with priority phone numbers on the back) are two different/distinct things.
There's no concierge number on the back of my membership card.
canopus27 is offline  
Old Jan 3, 20, 6:40 pm
  #28  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Posts: 17,831
Weird. This one is still glued inside my 2019 package. I can see why AC would want to save a tree and not make these anymore.

canadiancow likes this.
24left is offline  
Old Jan 3, 20, 6:43 pm
  #29  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: YVR
Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Posts: 31,259
Originally Posted by canopus27 View Post
There's no concierge number on the back of my membership card.
I was referring to the priority contact numbers.

my point was, they stopped sending out the concierge number cards when it went to the central line

(I looked back at my 2017/18 package and there wasn't one, for example)
yyznomad is offline  
Old Jan 3, 20, 6:52 pm
  #30  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SFO
Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit, HH Diamond, Hyatt Glob, Accor Gold, UA Silver
Posts: 34,972
Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
I was referring to the priority contact numbers.

my point was, they stopped sending out the concierge number cards when it went to the central line

(I looked back at my 2017/18 package and there wasn't one, for example)
24left and I both have a concierge number card from 2019. It may not have 15 numbers, but it's a card...with the concierge number
canadiancow is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: