FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   2020 Altitude Package Arrived (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/2002327-2020-altitude-package-arrived.html)

codfather Jan 3, 2020 8:05 am

No package for me yet, but I am only a P25K so I don't expect them to be racing to get it mailed to me.

musicmtl Jan 3, 2020 8:49 am

Originally Posted by codfather (Post 31904038)
No package for me yet, but I am only a P25K so I don't expect them to be racing to get it mailed to me.

What's in a 25k package, a letter and a couple of lounge passes? I don't think there is a card or luggage tags, unless that has changed?

codfather Jan 3, 2020 9:39 am

Originally Posted by musicmtl (Post 31904218)
What's in a 25k package, a letter and a couple of lounge passes? I don't think there is a card or luggage tags, unless that has changed?

Just lounge passes, but I was hoping to have them for an upcoming trip!

MaxFlying Jan 3, 2020 9:45 am

Originally Posted by codfather (Post 31904391)

If your trip is prior to March 1, drop me a PM and I will mail you a couple. I seem to have 13 still.

musicmtl Jan 3, 2020 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by codfather (Post 31904391)

Understandable! I'll unfortunately be at 25k for this year (down from 35k), so am not looking forward to March 1. Lol

Stranger Jan 3, 2020 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 31901742)
The letter from Mark Nasr is longer and had more content compared to last year.

But in previous years the letter was not from him but from Ben Smith for SEs.

WoodlandCreature Jan 3, 2020 2:48 pm

My package arrived today. Without warning or permission, Air Canada has restyled my name on the new baggage tags. Instead of being "Dr Woodland Creature", I am suddenly just "W. Creature", a style that I never use. (Creature is such a common surname that I always spell out my unusual first name.)

24left Jan 3, 2020 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by WoodlandCreature (Post 31905595)
My package arrived today. Without warning or permission, Air Canada has restyled my name on the new baggage tags. Instead of being "Dr Woodland Creature", I am suddenly just "W. Creature", a style that I never use. (Creature is such a common surname that I always spell out my unusual first name.)

Indeed.
Yesterday, when I was trying to remove the glue on the tags, I also noticed the "cost savings" AC managed when my name was displayed with Initial of First Name. Last Name. :D
But "W. Creature" is so much more amusing than "2. Left"

jeffypop75 Jan 3, 2020 4:23 pm

There was no concierge card in my package. Not sure if this was intentional or a mistake. I usually take this time to update the contact in my phone since the number changes yearly. The number in Priority Contacts on the Altitude site is still last year's. I'm going to need to set a reminder to check again March 1. They should have at least included a note to check the site, for those that might not know the info is there.

24left Jan 3, 2020 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by jeffypop75 (Post 31905931)
There was no concierge card in my package. Not sure if this was intentional or a mistake. I usually take this time to update the contact in my phone since the number changes yearly. The number in Priority Contacts on the Altitude site is still last year's. I'm going to need to set a reminder to check again March 1. They should have at least included a note to check the site, for those that might not know the info is there.

None in mine. I assumed it was AC reminding us that:
1. plastic costs money :D
and
2. on March 1, the new numbers for everyone will be available on the Altitude site once logged in.

yyznomad Jan 3, 2020 6:28 pm

Concierge cards stopped being shipped out with packages when they went to the central number at least 2+ years ago.

You can still find your numbers on the back of your membership card (the horizontal one).

Unless the above posters are saying that we no longer get the horizontal membership card...

The concierge numbers card and the horizontal membership card (with priority phone numbers on the back) are two different/distinct things.

canopus27 Jan 3, 2020 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 31906292)
Concierge cards stopped being shipped out with packages when they went to the central number at least 2+ years ago.

You can still find your numbers on the back of your membership card (the horizontal one).

Unless the above posters are saying that we no longer get the horizontal membership card...

The concierge numbers card and the horizontal membership card (with priority phone numbers on the back) are two different/distinct things.

There's no concierge number on the back of my membership card.

24left Jan 3, 2020 6:40 pm

Weird. This one is still glued inside my 2019 package. I can see why AC would want to save a tree and not make these anymore.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...ad600c3f08.png

yyznomad Jan 3, 2020 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by canopus27 (Post 31906314)
There's no concierge number on the back of my membership card.

I was referring to the priority contact numbers.

my point was, they stopped sending out the concierge number cards when it went to the central line

(I looked back at my 2017/18 package and there wasn't one, for example)

canadiancow Jan 3, 2020 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 31906332)
I was referring to the priority contact numbers.

my point was, they stopped sending out the concierge number cards when it went to the central line

(I looked back at my 2017/18 package and there wasn't one, for example)

24left and I both have a concierge number card from 2019. It may not have 15 numbers, but it's a card...with the concierge number :p