Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC289 no meal - 3/3 times

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2020, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
AC289 no meal - 3/3 times

So I don't fly AC289 that often, but I've done it 3 times (along with my Finacee) and 3/3 times there has been no meal (when you buy a Z or P etc fare on the AC website it says meal). There was no meal, no snack, just chips. 3 out of 3 times in a row.

I get mistakes happen - but this is just getting stupid. And I frankly I don't want to keep submitting a form on AC's website for a 15% code over and over - they're probably going to get sick of me doing it or think I'm complaining too much, but I wouldn't have to if they would provide what they sold.

Old Jan 1, 2020, 10:43 am
Original Poster

To clarify, just in the last 2 weeks I now have to submit for:

1) My better half AC289 no meal no IFE working

2) myself AC289 no meal no IFE working

3) AC296 Myself and Fiancee in paid J, she gets 2 bags I get 3 (status). I had 2, she had 1, checkin Agent at priority charged us $100 for a 3rd bag (no time to argue, cut-off was in a few min).

4) AC306 paid J no meal

5) AC125 paid J no IFE

Like frankly this is just getting annoying
Old Jan 1, 2020, 11:24 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
They surely aren't going to get tired of you complaining, if that is something they are capable if, complaints would have driven them mad 30 years ago. Please do complain, however. If they can get away with it, they will, and let it get worse. We must presume (for our sanity) that a SEs complaint has more weight than others.

On point (3), we've argued cut-off times before, some arguing that even being in line should be good enough. For sure, actually being at the podium is good enough. Either way, what is to argue? Say "whoops, that is my bag". I can't believe any agent would do the work to charge you vs ask to get someone else in the party to take it (if its an enforced limit), or just do it without asking, or wave the fee. But then, I don't work at the airport.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 11:25 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Sorry to hear, but you're not the first to feel this way.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RangerNS

On point (3), we've argued cut-off times before, some arguing that even being in line should be good enough. For sure, actually being at the podium is good enough. Either way, what is to argue? Say "whoops, that is my bag". I can't believe any agent would do the work to charge you vs ask to get someone else in the party to take it (if its an enforced limit), or just do it without asking, or wave the fee. But then, I don't work at the airport.

Sorry - to clarify, we made cut off! We just didn't have time to argue the $100 fee (more than we did) because that would have put us past the cut-off. I had 2 bags, within my limit of 3, she had 1 bag, within her limit of 2. We were on separate PNR's which shouldn't have caused any problems but I'm guessing that's what did.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 11:39 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Sorry - to clarify, we made cut off! We just didn't have time to argue the $100 fee (more than we did) because that would have put us past the cut-off. I had 2 bags, within my limit of 3, she had 1 bag, within her limit of 2. We were on separate PNR's which shouldn't have caused any problems but I'm guessing that's what did.
I understand. If you were at the podium, you should have been able to take all the time you wanted. Getting to the podium (or back of the line) is on you. Them being slow-af once you get there is on them.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 11:40 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE

3) AC296 Myself and Fiancee in paid J, she gets 2 bags I get 3 (status). I had 2, she had 1, checkin Agent at priority charged us $100 for a 3rd bag (no time to argue, cut-off was in a few min).

4) AC306 paid J no meal

5) AC125 paid J no IFE

I feel you're pain, but I always look at these unfortunate situations as opportunities or with a glass half full attitude. Although these incidents continue to happen to you, it provides a potential opportunity for those working stiffs trying to make it in this dog eat world. Those 15% discount for some of us can go a long way and make a big difference when choosing between no-name yellow brand caviar and Presidents Choice Blue Menu Cavalier. Or do I tip 10% or 15% at the Keg after a three-course meal.

Those 15% discount codes can bring joy and happiness to those in need and after all its, the Holiday season and your generosity would be much appreciated
Old Jan 1, 2020, 1:18 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat

4) AC306 paid J no meal

5) AC125 paid J no IFE

Don't you see that they are trying to give you a subtle message?
Some people are just oblivious.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 2:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I got a $50 eCoupon for no meal on SFO-YYZ in paid J, so I'm curious what you get on YWG-YYC.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Don't you see that they are trying to give you a subtle message?
Some people are just oblivious.
Well, WestJet doesn't have J so........
Old Jan 3, 2020, 11:27 am
Original Poster

So fun update!

Customer service replied back saying that because the flight is 2hr 14min (yes they said it specifically) that there is no meal on the flight. Totally ignoring the screenshot that was sent in showing they advertise a meal.......

So like, I’m not going to sue AC (link other thread here) but I think that’s actually the definition of false advertising.
canadiancow, Bohemian1 and wrp96 like this.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 11:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
SFO-YVR is blocked between 2:17 and 2:22, and it has a meal.

I was always under the impression 2 hours is the cutoff.

But then YYC-PDX is 1:54 and PDX-YYC is 1:45 and they have a meal.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 12:00 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
SFO-YVR is blocked between 2:17 and 2:22, and it has a meal.

I was always under the impression 2 hours is the cutoff.

But then YYC-PDX is 1:54 and PDX-YYC is 1:45 and they have a meal.
You're misunderstanding - it's not a time limit, it's a block on that specific time. No flights that are exactly 2 hours and 14 mins long get served a meal. It's the "134 min" rule.
canadiancow, smallmj and yrp like this.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 12:03 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
So fun update!

Customer service replied back saying that because the flight is 2hr 14min (yes they said it specifically) that there is no meal on the flight. Totally ignoring the screenshot that was sent in showing they advertise a meal.......

So like, I’m not going to sue AC (link other thread here) but I think that’s actually the definition of false advertising.
Checking a dummy booking for the flight for tonight, it still shows a meal service. What a crock!

False advertising or bait and switch, it's clear misrepresentation on their part.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.