Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Removing last segment from one-way AP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2019, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold

I have a one way AP booking with 4 seats in J yyz-yul-zrh - the last leg zrh-lux is still in X (on 2 PNRs)

Had a slight change in plans and want to drop the zrh-lux leg.

Any chance AP drops this for free?

Could I drop the segment at the airport and check the bags to ZRH?

Just short check the bags to ZRH "for the kids" and tell them we're not carrying on?

This is on 2 PNRs - me alone and the other 3 - change mine only and use that to check the bags to ZRH....

Any other suggestions to try save the 400$+?
Old Dec 31, 2019, 10:39 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
I don’t think you need to worry about dropping last segment on one-way ticket and have your bags checked to the second last stop, just don’t let your check in agent know that’s your intention.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Ya - sorry wasn't clear. I meant tell them once we get to Zurich we're not carrying on so we don't disrupt the flight waiting for us - not at YYZ.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 11:21 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Originally Posted by mjrobson
Ya - sorry wasn't clear. I meant tell them once we get to Zurich we're not carrying on so we don't disrupt the flight waiting for us - not at YYZ.
Eh I’d suggest not to do that either.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Wyndham Dimond, Marriott Plat, Amex Plat CND & USA, active military, Yoga teacher.
You can tell the agent at ZRH your kid has an ear problem. then they will not let you fly.
expert7700 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.