FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   The Forum Lounge Thread (2020) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/2001930-forum-lounge-thread-2020-a.html)

tcook052 Jan 6, 2020 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 31917457)
as long as they don't bank on 29/97 scoring for them every night
exciting team to watch, nevertheless

Hey, tonight they got some secondary scoring from Chaisson, Nurse, Yamamoto and Klefbom each with a goal so helped assist the big guns.

That goal by 97 though... sick.

^

http://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1667233859599/

WaytoomuchEurope Jan 6, 2020 8:29 pm

I think the reality of technology and the fact that someone is always listening just dawned on my vastly superior half.

Her friend popped in and mentioned a health app in passing. Moments later she was on her phone and one of the banner apps was for that same app.

It was amusing because it looked for a moment like she might throw the thing in the sink out of sheer panic.

Maybe now she'll understand why I use burners for my blue meth side business.

Bohemian1 Jan 6, 2020 10:45 pm

While I am not particularly nostalgic, I have found the most efficient way to relive the days of yore is to interact with a chartered bank.

Me (On phone): I can't login to your (banking) website and can't reset my password.

Them (On phone): No problem Sir, I can fix that for you. Before we proceed, could you tell me the balance on your most recent statement?

Me: No, I can't login, remember? So I can't check my balance.

Them: Okay. If you look at your most recent paper statement, the number will be near the top.

Me: I don't have paper statements anymore because you hounded me into going paperless, remember?

Them: In that case you'l have to visit one of our branches to verify your identity. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Later ...

Me (at Branch): I can't login to your website and can't reset my password.

Them (at Branch): Oh we can't help you with that here, you'll have to call our Customer Service line.

Me: Then I'd like to speak to a manager. Is Mr. Scrooge available or is he too busy fetching coal, filling inkwells or kicking orphans?
Seriously, what an effed up industry.

canadiancow Jan 6, 2020 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1 (Post 31917943)
While I am not particularly nostalgic, I have found the most efficient way to relive the days of yore is to interact with a chartered bank.

Seriously, what an effed up industry.

When I moved from BoA to Schwab, BoA suddenly started acting reasonable. I told them it was too late. And I've been with Schwab ever since.

All banks suck. But some banks suck less than others.

yyznomad Jan 6, 2020 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 31918068)
When I moved from BoA to Schwab, BoA suddenly started acting reasonable. I told them it was too late. And I've been with Schwab ever since.

All banks suck. But some banks suck less than others.

Don't get me started...!!! (I've had three multinational bank clients...)
But I won't say anything bad about clients here. Never.
*burp*

(they're all wonderful like rainbows and cupcakes)

Bohemian1 Jan 7, 2020 9:46 am

I've had most of the major banks and all of the major credit card networks as clients and they were actually quite well ensconced in the 21st Century. They even embraced stuff like REST, JSON and a public Internet. Of course, those were back end / security people as opposed to front office staff.

They were / are mostly a pleasure to work with. Although there was the first time I was in MC worldwide HQ and the only way to pay for anything in their cafeteria was cash or MasterCard. No MasterCard? No problem. They had a machine that would vend prepaid MC cards in the lobby.

"Priceless", as their competition used to say.

canadiancow Jan 7, 2020 9:54 am

REST is so last century

Bohemian1 Jan 7, 2020 10:01 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 31919672)
REST is so last century

A lot of my customers still use SOAP. Now that is so last century.

Sean Peever Jan 7, 2020 10:02 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 31919672)
REST is so last century

I thought REST was introduced in 2000?

WaytoomuchEurope Jan 7, 2020 10:06 am

Sigh. Down to 6.4%...

canadiancow Jan 7, 2020 10:13 am

Fine. So two decades ago.

All the cool companies are moving to GQL. Heck, even AC!

Yhztraveller Jan 7, 2020 11:58 am

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope (Post 31919718)
Sigh. Down to 6.4%...

Approaching zero... Let's change the subject....

How about them _____________ (insert the team you love, hate, or love to hate).

On another note, I wonder what Tom Brady is doing this week?

WaytoomuchEurope Jan 7, 2020 12:17 pm

Tom Brady is sitting at home reminding himself that he's the greatest that ever played the position, he has more rings than any other player, and he's rich beyond his wildest dreams.

Unfortunately, he's also telling his agent to find him a team. Here comes Favre 2.0 - and that's an ugly way to end a beautiful career.

Yhztraveller Jan 7, 2020 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope (Post 31920272)
Tom Brady is sitting at home reminding himself that he's the greatest that ever played the position, he has more rings than any other player, and he's rich beyond his wildest dreams.

Unfortunately, he's also telling his agent to find him a team. Here comes Favre 2.0 - and that's an ugly way to end a beautiful career.

I think he is going to pull a Kawhi and hand pick his offence and demand that whatever team wants to sign him has to also trade for or sign everyone on his list. That, or make them sign everyone from the Pro Bowl....

tcook052 Jan 7, 2020 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope (Post 31920272)

You conveniently forgot married to Giselle.