Major aeroplan transfer issues

Old Dec 30, 19, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

Major aeroplan transfer issues

So I just transferred 220k Amex to aeroplan for J tickets to Europe on tap for a client. Went through every step then confirmed then it errors out did it multiple times. I heard there were issues in the beginning of the month but thought they were resolved. Does anyone know the problem and know a fast fix??
Old Dec 30, 19, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K, Accor Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by united 1k flyer View Post
So I just transferred 220k Amex to aeroplan for J tickets to Europe on tap for a client. Went through every step then confirmed then it errors out did it multiple times. I heard there were issues in the beginning of the month but thought they were resolved. Does anyone know the problem and know a fast fix??
What's the error?
Old Dec 30, 19, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
What's the error?
Iím not by my computer right now however this is what it looked like https://liveandletsfly.boardingarea....ption-failure/ the second picture where it says ď flight redemption failureĒ.
Old Dec 30, 19, 11:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
So this is a booking issue, not a transfer issue. Sounds like you should try calling and have an agent try to book it, although best of luck getting to one right now.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 31, 19, 9:54 am
Original Poster

So I heard people saying this issue was accuring a lot a couple of weeks ago does anyone know if itís resolved. I mean it was covered on live and letís fly A MONTH ago how could it not be resolved.
Old Dec 31, 19, 12:25 pm

Programs: AC S100K, SPG G, Hilton G,Nexus/GE, Amex MR Plat, Hyatt Plat,IHG Plat E
So I heard people saying this issue was accuring a lot a couple of weeks ago does anyone know if itís resolved. I mean it was covered on live and letís fly A MONTH ago how could it not be resolved.
Are you kidding ? AC/AE IT and customer service can leave a lot to be desired and quick response times to fix anything is not their strong point. All hands on deck to fix their Amadeus migration issues that is close to 60 days now. Typical hold times seem to be 1 hour to 4 hours as per the Amadeus thread.
Old Dec 31, 19, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vernonc View Post
Are you kidding ? AC/AE IT and customer service can leave a lot to be desired and quick response times to fix anything is not their strong point. All hands on deck to fix their Amadeus migration issues that is close to 60 days now. Typical hold times seem to be 1 hour to 4 hours as per the Amadeus thread.
So is there no chance I can book this award. Why would aeroplan not put a warning before transferring points, this has been a huge pain.
Old Dec 31, 19, 1:10 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.

I can tell youíre not experienced in waiting for AC IT. If itís under 12 months fix time theyíre doing well.
Old Dec 31, 19, 1:12 pm

Also let’s be real, if you’re waiting for Aeroplan to fix something they probably just won’t. Aeroplan (parent Aimia) is at the end of the road. Air Canada got approval to buy them and that transition happens mid this year. Aimia isn’t going to put any effort into fixing something they really don’t have to and they aren’t going to have anymore 6 months from now.
canadiancow and scotchmeup like this.
Old Dec 31, 19, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sean Peever View Post
Also letís be real, if youíre waiting for Aeroplan to fix something they probably just wonít. Aeroplan (parent Aimia) is at the end of the road. Air Canada got approval to buy them and that transition happens mid this year. Aimia isnít going to put any effort into fixing something they really donít have to and they arenít going to have anymore 6 months from now.
So your telling me no one with air Canada miles can book partner awards. Or is it just me and a lot of other bloggers that have this isolated problem.
Old Dec 31, 19, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K, Accor Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
So your telling me no one with air Canada miles can book partner awards. Or is it just me and a lot of other bloggers that have this isolated problem.
I've booked numerous tickets with partners in the past month. It's not just you, but it's certainly not as pervasive a problem as you seem to think.

It's probably affecting under 5% of partner bookings. Bad, yes. But not bad enough for them to put in any effort when they're launching a whole new system in 2020.
D582 likes this.
Old Dec 31, 19, 1:18 pm

No I didnít say that.

But if you read this post, that went up Oct 5th and has 1,700 posts and 394,000 views (Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result) I think youíll get an idea of the many problems that exist between Aeroplan and Air canada with this new switch over.
Old Dec 31, 19, 2:42 pm

Programs: AC S100K, SPG G, Hilton G,Nexus/GE, Amex MR Plat, Hyatt Plat,IHG Plat E
You can book. Most awards are bookable online. Some like yours will require human intervention which means a call to the call centre - which currently is inundated due to their Amadeus transition.
We are not making excuses for AC, just telling it as it is.
Old Dec 31, 19, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vernonc View Post
You can book. Most awards are bookable online. Some like yours will require human intervention which means a call to the call centre - which currently is inundated due to their Amadeus transition.
We are not making excuses for AC, just telling it as it is.
I appreciate the help, by any chance does anyone know why I was affected. Did it have to do with booking on TAP??
Old Dec 31, 19, 9:05 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Plat/Lifetime Gold, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by Sean Peever View Post
Also letís be real, if youíre waiting for Aeroplan to fix something they probably just wonít. Aeroplan (parent Aimia) is at the end of the road. Air Canada got approval to buy them and that transition happens mid this year. Aimia isnít going to put any effort into fixing something they really donít have to and they arenít going to have anymore 6 months from now.
Pretty sure Aeroplan has been fully owned and operated by AC since Jan 2019. AC's relaunch of Aeroplan is due in 2020.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: