Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Is there any way to get a virtual Altitude card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Is there any way to get a virtual Altitude card?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2019, 3:45 am
Original Poster

Is there any way to get a virtual Altitude card?

I have received E50K status but can't find any way to obtain a virtual altitude card reflecting my status.

The app (Android) just doesn't retrieve information and on my web account there is no such link / code etc.

Any workaround? Physical card shipment may take 6-8 (?) weeks?

I really need some proof for lounge access in case the ticket showing AC*G isn't enough...
Old Dec 30, 2019, 3:55 am

Programs: Air Asia, Nok, Skymiles, Infinity Miles, Aeroplan, Hilton Honor, Accor, Regal
Originally Posted by famelor
I have received E50K status but can't find any way to obtain a virtual altitude card reflecting my status.
The app (Android) just doesn't retrieve information and on my web account there is no such link / code etc.
Any workaround? Physical card shipment may take 6-8 (?) weeks?
I really need some proof for lounge access in case the ticket showing AC*G isn't enough...
Download the Air Canada app and sign in with your aeroplan number and it will be there in the app.
You would then be one of the few to have a positive use for the new app. : }
Old Dec 30, 2019, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply, but this is exactly what I tried. Unfortunately the App can't retrieve any information when tapping on the Aeroplan tab. I read many comments this is a common issue, but can you confirm it would work at least with iOS?
Old Dec 30, 2019, 7:17 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
I just opened up the current version of the AC app on my iPhone and I can't see any indication of my status. Clicking on my AP number in the Aeroplan tab just copies it to the clipboard. All my upcoming flights are there though - paid and reward!
Old Dec 30, 2019, 7:22 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
The google play store notes the reintroduction of the altitude card, effective Dec 20.

Its possible you don't have the latest version, or haven't been "randomly" selected to get it.

Try updating, or wait for the a/b testing to pass it in a month or so.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
RangerNS is exactly right. Android users now have access to a digital card again, but Apple users still have to wait a little while longer (so it seems).

They do seem to be rolling it out somewhat randomly all the same...
Old Dec 30, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: AC E75K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
Originally Posted by codfather
RangerNS is exactly right. Android users now have access to a digital card again, but Apple users still have to wait a little while longer (so it seems).

They do seem to be rolling it out somewhat randomly all the same...
IIRC the Apple App Store freezes updates during the holiday period, so the iOS update is probably in the queue, soon to be released when the Apple embargo ends. Whether or not it includes this functionality is anyone's guess.
C-FMWQ likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by YYC traveler
IIRC the Apple App Store freezes updates during the holiday period, so the iOS update is probably in the queue, soon to be released when the Apple embargo ends. Whether or not it includes this functionality is anyone's guess.
Interesting! I did not realize they had an embargo on updates over the holidays.

Hopefully, it is in the queue because I want a digital card back! I am annoyed as it is with my AE number being removed from bookings during IRROPS or just general flight changes, so the card is proof that I can board in Zone 3 if it does get separated!
Old Dec 30, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: AC E75K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
Interesting! I did not realize they had an embargo on updates over the holidays.
Source (last year's version): App Store Connect Holiday Schedule - News - Apple Developer
Old Dec 30, 2019, 6:33 pm

Programs: AC E50K
Originally Posted by YYC traveler
Mobile developer here: Can confirm this is a thing with Apple every year. 2019: https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=12172019a
Old Dec 30, 2019, 6:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Back on topic, OP uses Android, which has a working digital card.

If you can't log in, that's a separate issue, but the feature is there, and it works.

However, to be even more helpful, I wouldn't really worry. The only time AC*G on my BP wasn't sufficient to get me in a lounge, they wanted a physical card, so a virtual one wouldn't have helped me anyway.
C-FMWQ likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Back on topic, OP uses Android, which has a working digital card.

If you can't log in, that's a separate issue, but the feature is there, and it works.

However, to be even more helpful, I wouldn't really worry. The only time AC*G on my BP wasn't sufficient to get me in a lounge, they wanted a physical card, so a virtual one wouldn't have helped me anyway.
I know we don't get into the lounge, but this is still another reason why all Altitude members should receive physical cards.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 10:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I know we don't get into the lounge, but this is still another reason why all Altitude members should receive physical cards.
I used to carry my SE card in my wallet, because of how often I flew.

And then I went on a wallet-trimming adventure, and realized I hadn't needed it in years. The past few times, it's been more efficient than saying "one two three four five six seven eight nine" and making sure they type it in properly. But it was never necessary.

But are you saying lower tiers don't get a card? Not that I think it's really necessary for *S, but I suspect it's more useful in Canada (where Aeroplan is much more than just a number for the FQTV field) than elsewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.