Search

Can't checkin Online

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2019, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan Elite for life; Fairmont Platinum; Delta Platinum Plus
Can't checkin Online

Trying to checkin and am getting a message which says:
Based on your passport and travel itinerary we are unable to complete your checkin. Please see our website for necessary travel documents....
I am flying YYZ BGI. I have done this flight many many times and I only require an valid Canadian passport (which of course I have). My fear is I get to the airport and the checkin agent bars me from the flight because she gets the same error message.

Advice?
Old Dec 26, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by MQS007

Based on your passport and travel itinerary we are unable to complete your checkin. Please see our website for necessary travel documents....

I am flying YYZ BGI. I have done this flight many many times and I only require an valid Canadian passport (which of course I have). My fear is I get to the airport and the checkin agent bars me from the flight because she gets the same error message.

Advice?
If you have concierge access, contact the Concierge Desk. On my last flight of the year (LHR-YOW), the check-in system was asking this Canadian citizen for an ETA. The Concierge Desk was able to check me in.
--
13F
Old Dec 26, 2019, 8:21 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite

Advice?
Is the ticket a one-way or a round trip? Sometimes if you have a one-way only booking (even if there is a return on a different booking/airline/method of travel) one cannot OLCI because there is no field to enter the date of departure.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: Aeroplan

Advice?
i wouldn’t stress about it if you are confident your documents are in order. As others have mentioned, sometimes these errors seem to make their way in. I once had the check in system tell me there was the wrong number of digits in my passport number
Old Dec 26, 2019, 10:19 am

Advice?
Sometimes this is an indication that you may have been selected for additional security checks as well. I'd suggest showing up a little earlier to the airport just in case. But you should be fine.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan Elite for life; Fairmont Platinum; Delta Platinum Plus
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
Is the ticket a one-way or a round trip? Sometimes if you have a one-way only booking (even if there is a return on a different booking/airline/method of travel) one cannot OLCI because there is no field to enter the date of departure.
While not one way, it is open jaw. I fly YYZ- BGI and then SVD - YYZ, so perhaps that is it.

Thanks
yyz_atc_qq likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.